Around the NHL Thread - The Amount of Drafts in July is TOO DAMN HIGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Was really excited for Leivo but he sucked here

A player who's good in the minds of the analytically inclined.
I remember him being a 20 goal threat from Toronto fans given the opportunity.

Turns out he's a guy who can't really skate well, and can sort of score sometimes.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
A player who's good in the minds of the analytically inclined.
I remember him being a 20 goal threat from Toronto fans given the opportunity.

Turns out he's a guy who can't really skate well, and can sort of score sometimes.

To be fair to him his skating was better before the knee injury, I still think he will have a better year this year than last because he will have more time to work on getting back into peak form

Reactions: Fig

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

Worrying signs for Ritter. Feels like a last-chance contract. He'll do well to stay out of his head because he is good enough to stay in this league

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Dougie Hamilton is still the weirdest player I've watched, I think. Nothing about his game looks good: he looks awkward with the puck, doesn't have smooth hands or quick feet, doesn't have an impressive shot, takes a lot of penalties because he gets beat one-on-one.... and maintains sparkling analytics while consistently helping his team win. I don't get it, but I find myself glad that I don't have to watch him very often.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Dougie Hamilton is still the weirdest player I've watched, I think. Nothing about his game looks good: he looks awkward with the puck, doesn't have smooth hands or quick feet, doesn't have an impressive shot, takes a lot of penalties because he gets beat one-on-one.... and maintains sparkling analytics while consistently helping his team win. I don't get it, but I find myself glad that I don't have to watch him very often.
I've heard he skates like a deer

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Solid GMing by Francis there.

Drafts Vanecek from Washington, trades him back for a 2nd
Meanwhile Washington trades Dillon who was there for a taking, for two 2nds

Drafts a total bust from Chicago, meanwhile Calgary pays a 3rd for Zadarov who was exposed in the draft.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
That Derek Ryan deal with Edmonton hurts. 1.25/year. Hopefully he regresses on the Oilers and they don’t get the player we had in the first year of the deal

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Except they had to draft 3 goalies and were not expecting Grubauer to reach free agency, let alone sign him. Francis has done fine. Amazing how people think they could of done better and yet ignore the rules.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Except they had to draft 3 goalies and were not expecting Grubauer to reach free agency, let alone sign him. Francis has done fine. Amazing how people think they could of done better and yet ignore the rules.
They could have taken a goalie from Chicago or Columbus to fit inside the rules

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016

Then grab a goalie from Columbus instead of UFA Bayreuther who promptly re-signed with Columbus?

Or Kahkonen from Dallas instead of another D in Soucy?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Drafts a total bust from Chicago, meanwhile Calgary pays a 3rd for Zadarov who was exposed in the draft.

Don’t forget selecting Pitlick to trade him for a measly 4th when they could’ve selected some higher potential players from Arizona.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
That Derek Ryan deal with Edmonton hurts. 1.25/year. Hopefully he regresses on the Oilers and they don’t get the player we had in the first year of the deal
He's already regressing. His possession metrics are still good but his offense is regressing. Prior to last season he scored .43-.48 ppg. Last year he dropped to .30 ppg.
Father time is catching up to Ryan. The Flames could see that, thus the reason they didn't try to re-sign him. I think Treliving did the right thing. Doc's time with the Flames was up.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Lots of those goalie contacts handed out recently are kinda scary. It's crazy to see how soft it went recently to suddenly just piles and piles of cash thrown at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad