Around the NHL Thread - The Amount of Drafts in July is TOO DAMN HIGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert Mckrakken

Jul 23, 2021
Edmonton
Lots of those goalie contacts handed out recently are kinda scary. It's crazy to see how soft it went recently to suddenly just piles and piles of cash thrown at them.

makes me glad we made a move and got Markstrom last year. I was absolutely disgusted with what Arizona got for Kuemper. Personally I don’t think he’s that great of a goaltender for the return.

All I’ve read on these forums the last few years was how Timmons was untouchable and wouldn’t be included in huge deals for players way better than Kuemper. Plus they added a first

Poor Sakic. Not really tho

Reactions: Fig

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Dougie Hamilton is still the weirdest player I've watched, I think. Nothing about his game looks good: he looks awkward with the puck, doesn't have smooth hands or quick feet, doesn't have an impressive shot, takes a lot of penalties because he gets beat one-on-one.... and maintains sparkling analytics while consistently helping his team win. I don't get it, but I find myself glad that I don't have to watch him very often.
His shot is very, very good. He doesn't shoot 105 mph bullets like Weber, but a dman shot is worth more if the opponent doesn't recover. A Dougie shot nearly always leads to more pressure, often from the slot. You're right he takes lots of penalties from getting beat but he's one of the best at suppressing zone entries.

Reactions: cheechoo

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Solid GMing by Francis there.

Drafts Vanecek from Washington, trades him back for a 2nd
Meanwhile Washington trades Dillon who was there for a taking, for two 2nds

Drafts a total bust from Chicago, meanwhile Calgary pays a 3rd for Zadarov who was exposed in the draft.
In fairness I don't think he banked on signing Gru, and was probably initially planning on keeping Vanecek

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
In fairness I don't think he banked on signing Gru, and was probably initially planning on keeping Vanecek

giphy.gif

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think most of assumed this, but this is definite confirmation...

Thank f***ing God. The dude was so fun to watch especially in the playoff series vs Vancouver, I think Bieksa still keeps his head up just in case ferland is around a corner. He had way more talent than he was given credit for but enjoying your life is worth so much more than paying hockey

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I thought news like this deserved its own thread..
I just read it on twitter.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I saw a few of the IG stories and nothing I saw indicated Kane was throwing games, just that he was betting on games in some vague way.
Pete Rose got banned for life from the mlb including the hall of fame for just betting on mlb games even though he claimed he never threw a game. Have to think if they can prove Kane even just bet on nhl games he is done.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Pete Rose got banned for life from the mlb including the hall of fame for just betting on mlb games even though he claimed he never threw a game. Have to think if they can prove Kane even just bet on nhl games he is done.
Gotta be a paper trail? I dont gamble but the profession of bookie seems like there would be some documentation.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's such a shame, if he didn't fight he would still be playing. he was good at hockey. Just got too involved in extracurricular

He may have never been drafted, or played in the NHL without those extracurriculars though.
If he wasn't landing those devastating hits, and fighting (normally winning too), there was a solid chance he'd never see the NHL.

He was a great complimentary piece in the league, crazy this guys' career is over and he's not even 30.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017

Pete Rose always bet on his team to win. Only thing he could be accused of would be trying harder because he had money on the line lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad