Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That has to spell the end for someone in the Oilers organization. They look hopeless

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Guys, I think we broke the Oilers.

This is actually Talbot's 5th RBS (Really Bad Start) of the season to tie Mike Smith. Kinda weird how parallel their season has been, although we are the better team obviously.

In other news, with the departure of "HOPE" (Hall-Omark-Pajaarvi-Eberle) , the future of their franchise currently lies in:

Nugent-Hopkins
Yamamoto
Ostap Safin
Puljujarvi
Evan Bouchard

Or, "Nyope"

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
This is actually Talbot's 5th RBS (Really Bad Start) of the season to tie Mike Smith. Kinda weird how parallel their season has been, although we are the better team obviously.

In other news, with the departure of "HOPE" (Hall-Omark-Pajaarvi-Eberle) , the future of their franchise currently lies in:

Nugent-Hopkins
Yamamoto
Ostap Safin
Puljujarvi
Evan Bouchard

Or, "Nyope"

So McDavid retires and then makes a comeback with a different team in this scenario?

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
The Oilers were fully capable of breaking themselves without our help, thank you very much.

TBH with that defense core and complete lack of depth in their forwards it is likely the Oilers are over-achieving. Calgary's best asset is and has been Chiarelli. Edmonton won't be a contender for years. Bad contracts, bad players and a team built for a decade ago. For Edmonton to be competitive Lucic's contract will need to be dealt with and then there is getting a quality development system in place and then they have to start drafting properly.

It is pretty sad when Chaisson is 4th on the Oilers for points. Russell is their #3. Both of these players are worse than our entire line-up.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Looking at goalies who've played 10 or more games, I must say that there are a lot of quality goalies that are having sub par seasons so far this year.

Not sure what's going on with Matt Murray but I was shocked to see that he's 1/1000 of a pt behind Mike Smith is save%
Martin Jones is another big surprise to me. Juuse Saros who a lot of people here wanted to trade for isn't doing so great at .903 save%. Fleury has had a rough season so far but he did play well against the Oilers last night. Braden Holtby's struggles continue.

goalies.JPG

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Lot of those guys Rubi it's largely the teams in front of them. Especially Murray. Pens fans are saying he's facing multiple breakaways, odd man rushes and just plain bad defense most nights.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Lot of those guys Rubi it's largely the teams in front of them. Especially Murray. Pens fans are saying he's facing multiple breakaways, odd man rushes and just plain bad defense most nights.
I think there are a large number of goalies not yet comfortable with the chest protector changes. Many can say it is the team in front of them but Murray, Price, Allen, Holtby and Talbot are used to stealing wins and their performance is more a product of not being 100% comfortable with the equipment changes. I don't know how many of Smith's BAD Goals against have went through his arms or just above the shoulder. They will adjust and get their confidence back. Thus why knee-jerk reactions are not needed right now.

As a side note there will be a few goalies that will have their career ended because they can't adjust. Is Smith one of them? I don't think so from his mechanics but the confidence factor is always an unknown.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I still can remember Holtby's save from the Cup finals last year to seal the victory in game 4. Possibly the dirtiest save in the history of hockey.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Sure but a .877 sv% and a 4.08 GAA? That's just brutal. I know goalie stats are hugely dependant upon the quality of play in front of you but something else is going on here. The guy is just as bad as Smith and you can't say Smith's stats make him look worse than he is because the Flames play poorly in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad