Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary

Remember when the Oilers depth was far superior to that of the Flames? Well, neither does pepperidge farms because it never was.

Also, they ruined Puljujarvi and he should pull a Baertschi and tell them he won't re-sign there.

Are you surprised they ruin more top end prospects? And to top it off they are going to waste McDavid to :laugh:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I'd take a flyer on Pulju, give Vali another Finn to talk to.

For like a 3rd rounder.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Way too much, and I'm not even a Bennett fan. I think you're undrrrating hamonic and the stability he adds on the back end. If it were going to cost travis I'd only do it straight up!!
Janko+Rasmus perhaps?

It is a lot and it’s tough to say that after the game Hamonic had, if he can keep up this play I probably wouldn’t even offer that. The only reason I would is because of Andersson, he’s top 4 ready now and we still have Stone.

Bennett just makes sense to include because Willy would essentially take his spot in the top 9.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Way too much, and I'm not even a Bennett fan. I think you're undrrrating hamonic and the stability he adds on the back end. If it were going to cost travis I'd only do it straight up!!
Janko+Rasmus perhaps?

Yes The Flames can not afford to lose Hamonic. Maybe Brodie + a little something for Nylander but I am not sure if that even helps the Flames right now.

Forget Janko, that's a lowball offer. Janko has little value and Andersson is still an unknown. That offer wont even get you a return call

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Any Nylander proposals should include Tkachuk. Not that Nylander is worth Tkachuk, but if we acquire him we won’t be able to afford Tkachuk.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I proposed Hamonic, Bennett, and a first for nylander and got ridiculed as f*** by some shithead leafs fans. We don't need him anyway since Lindy has been great.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We could use Nylander for sure, but I don't know if we'd be able to get him without just creating another hole.

We could include Stone and Frolik for salary, maybe, then give futures for value, like a first and second, but the Leafs probably only take that as a last resort.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I thought Jersey was having a good year, look at the standings last night and they're 2nd last. What happened?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I thought Jersey was having a good year, look at the standings last night and they're 2nd last. What happened?

Started hot and cooled down.
Their goaltending has been bad for the past like 7-10 games (minus a game or two).

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The Kings just announced that Jack Campbell is out for 4-6 weeks. They’ll now be running with their 3rd & 4th goalies, huge blow for their already diminishing playoff hopes

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
The Kings just announced that Jack Campbell is out for 4-6 weeks. They’ll now be running with their 3rd & 4th goalies, huge blow for their already diminishing playoff hopes
He was playing pretty well despite their record too, this was his biggest opportunity ever. That sucks for Campbell

Reactions: FlamerForLife

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I can’t disagree. That line has every element you could want. One of the best 2-way centers to ever play in the NHL, an elite winger who’s a pest that disrupts the game, has speed and hands, and then an absolute incredible talent like Pastrnak that can create and score as good as anyone in today’s game. It’s a really amazing line to watch.

You would definitely get the 100% chemistry bonus in NHL 2004 for having 1 grinder 1 playmaker 1 sniper

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Just watching the news and there was a brief mention about the HHOF inductees. MSL is credited as "star winger and former Calgary Flame." Yeah, I'm sure that's the part of his career he wakes up thinking about every morning :laugh:

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Just watching the news and there was a brief mention about the HHOF inductees. MSL is credited as "star winger and former Calgary Flame." Yeah, I'm sure that's the part of his career he wakes up thinking about every morning :laugh:

I still dream of an alternative universe where St. Louis-Savard-Iginla lead the Flames to multiple rings in the 2000s.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I get ducking nightmares over St. Louis. The fact he scored the game winner in ot just added so much salt in the wound after the whole thing. f*** our management sucked so much for so long.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Nah, it's not his fault our management was a joke and let him get away. Imagine him and iggy if he was given a chance; it's not like we had a good team anyway.
It was a very different league and 28 other teams took a pass on Martin. MSL got a shot from probably the only team that would give him an opportunity. He signed with Tampa for the league minimum hoping to just get a shot at making the NHL. Despite putting up 40 points in his first year with Tampa he was only given a modest raise of 40k and that was after Tampa knew they had at the very least a top 6 player. The thought was he could never survive the hits to have a prolonged career. Smaller players were always looked at as a liability.

1998-99 $273,000$273,000
1999-00
2000-01 $250,000$250,000
2001-02 $290,000$290,000
2002-03 $1,000,000$1,000,000
2003-04 $1,500,000$1,500,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Much of how the game is played today is in part to how MSL changed the game and why players like Johnny, Patrick Kane, and Marner are so appreciative of MSL and his contribution to the game.

It sucks we never saw MSL's great years in Calgary but that was because Calgary's management along with 28 other teams could not wrap their mind around a 5' 8" player being able to compete in the NHL. In his first few years in Calgary MSL never had the tree trunks for legs he dedicated himself to in Tampa.

I don't blame the Game 6 loss on MSL I blame it on the NHL and what should have been the Gelinas series clinching goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad