Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Is there a single team in the league with a worse defense than Edmonton?

DE897310-7938-430C-ABFE-E5987B5F0F59.jpeg

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Oiler's can't miss 600 goals / 1300 pts draft pick, Rob Schremp, announces his retirement today. CP members got a lot of chuckles over the years off of that HFOiler prediction.

Rob Schremp announces his retirement from hockey

This is a great example of how not dealing with your crap impairs you from achieving your goals in life. Drugs may be a good first step but the only way to truly deal with mental illness is by working on how you see the world and putting the things in your life into their proper context.

1. Mental health is more important than physical health and you are the one that can change everything. The first step is talking about your problems in a calm cool manner with trusted friends and family members and if you can't do that see a professional.
  2. Don't aim to solve things on the first day -- instead start talking about the root of your problems and ideas to deal with your anxiety or depression. Be sure to listen to your friends and their advice. (Don't discount things they say until you have thought about their solutions in depth.)
  3. Share your worst fears-- more often than not those around you will put your fears in the proper perspective. Don't let fear paralyze you.
  4. It is okay for people to not like you. If your goal in life is to please everyone you are doomed to fail.
  5. Embrace failures-- The thing you were not told when you were young was that failure will lead to your greatest successes. Failure teaches us what to avoid, gives us the strength to be better, teaches us how to adapt to less than ideal circumstances, how to persevere and most importantly gives us the sense of accomplishment when we overcome our demons.
  6. Lose the negativity in your life from friends, work, colleagues, and family members. Toxic people impair your ability to heal so cut them out of your life.
  7. Lastly after you have analyzed your true situation --and you find it is not as bad as you imagined-- turn it around by building a coping plan. What you will do when you have those negative thoughts, who you will talk to and what changes you need to make to get back on track.
  8. Stay consistent in your strategy and when you see an opportunity to deal with a situation in a better way try it.
  9. Work on creating new positive connections with people that have similar goals.
  10. Keep connected with your support network and keep sharing.

When my marriage broke down I fell into the deepest depression of my life and when I did finally call it quits I knew there was only one of 2 ways things were going to go if I stayed on that path... Dead in a body bag or certifiably nuts. It took me a year to devise my plan as I dealt with my inner demons. I built my plan around my newly defined set of morals and ethics I was determined to build my life around.
  1. Family and close friends are everything.
  2. I will work to be happy not for monetary reasons.
  3. I will be brutally honest with everyone.
  4. I will try to never hurt the people around me.
  5. I will try to never take things and people for granted ever again.
  6. Those that are not loyal to me will be cut out of my life.
  7. I will die a happy, content and optimistic person because the other option is unfathomable in my mind.

My plan was simple. You are going to wake up look in the mirror and smile for a minute and then you are going to go out and make the best day possible. Some days it lasted for only 5 minutes but by actively changing my mind set I was able to accomplish my goals and within a year I no longer had to think about being happy as I was happy. 12 years later I have a new wife, kids and life is good.

Sorry to spew but the story about Rob Schremp reminded me of my own passion of making peoples lives better and I know the likelihood of there being a person in distress on these boards is almost a certainty.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Ducks are ass, we lose to them.
Pittsburgh is ass now, we get straight up Deliverance Swamp f***ed by them.
St. Louis is 3rd last in the league and has goaltending even worse than ours, lose to them when they had a whopping 1 win on the season.

Yet we can beat Boston, Nashville, Toronto, Colorado (twice).

Flames either get shit goaltending or can't score. Only a few times this year we have had both.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Ducks are ass, we lose to them.
Pittsburgh is ass now, we get straight up Deliverance Swamp ****ed by them.
St. Louis is 3rd last in the league and has goaltending even worse than ours, lose to them when they had a whopping 1 win on the season.

Yet we can beat Boston, Nashville, Toronto, Colorado (twice).

Flames either get **** goaltending or can't score. Only a few times this year we have had both.

To be fair, Pittsburgh had a pretty good western Canada road trip offensively.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Spooner is maybe a hair better than Strome. Both are bad.

I mean, neither is as bad as Chia, but still pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad