Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Andersen is standing on his head in Vancouver tonight. Leafs are getting badly outplayed by the young Canucks. Still 0-0 though.

I don't know how the Leaf fans think they are a true contender when they are being out-chanced every night.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Andersen is standing on his head in Vancouver tonight. Leafs are getting badly outplayed by the young Canucks. Still 0-0 though.

I don't know how the Leaf fans think they are a true contender when they are being out-chanced every night.
It doesn't really matter what they think when they have to get past Boston and Tampa, while Washington and Pittsburgh are in the other division. It would be a miracle if they made it to the cup final

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Essentially that's how that team plays.
Get out chanced like crazy. Beat teams in the PP. Apparently take no penalties, because reasons; and have a Vezina caliber goaltender save their bacon.

Boston is going to 5 game them this year, don't even @ me.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'll @ you because I think Boston will sweep

It's going to be 2-0 Boston by the time they get back to Toronto. Toronto will win a game 3 because they'll be able to hide Marner/Tavares from Begeron at home. Game 4 Boston will pickup; and it'll be over by game 5.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Trawno's taken the Caps and Bruins to 7 so they'll definitely challenge the Bruins but they're not still not getting out of the first round

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Trawno's taken the Caps and Bruins to 7 so they'll definitely challenge the Bruins but they're not still not getting out of the first round

That's the old HF magic of listening to too many Leafs fans :laugh:
Boston absolutely dominated that series last year, and if it wasn't for Andersen standing on his head at an obscene level, that would have been a 5 game series. The best part is, the guy gave them huge games, and then when things crumbled around them in game 7, Leafs fans were like.... pshhh this guy.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That's the old HF magic of listening to too many Leafs fans :laugh:
Boston absolutely dominated that series last year, and if it wasn't for Andersen standing on his head at an obscene level, that would have been a 5 game series. The best part is, the guy gave them huge games, and then when things crumbled around them in game 7, Leafs fans were like.... pshhh this guy.
Agreed about the bold but I watched both of those series all the way through and while the Leafs were outplayed, they weren't a total bye to the next round.

They've got enough offense to steal a couple games but they might be the 6th best team in their conference. A cup final this year for them is a pipe dream

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
@Volica just because he said not to.

Toronto is relying too much on Freddy and at some point Freddy simply won't be enough. To totally ignore their lack of depth or quality of D-men in Toronto the Leafs are ensuring the Curse of Harold Ballard continues.

I pick Boston in the first round.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Vegas is unbelievably good right now they look like the 2013-2014 spurs of the NHL beautiful team work.

Reactions: NoMoSnow

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Perlini with another 2 points. Takes him to 8 in 6 games, from the RW, during March. Man, I wish we would’ve picked up that kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad