Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
For the slump in Calgary's play let's be glad they're not playing like Vegas. Vegas has played 3w 7L in their last 10 vs Calgary's 5w 3L 2OTL. The Flames may be playing the NYI next but Vegas plays Boston. So neither team will have easy points tomorrow. San Jose plays Pittsburgh, who's having a rough time of late, but has won 2 in a row and some what similar to the Flames and their mid season woes. I think SJ has the easier game since Boston has surged with 6 in a row and the NYI playing well at 6W-2L-2OTL. I'm not going to be confident until the Flames top line starts playing a bit better.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For the slump in Calgary's play let's be glad they're not playing like Vegas. Vegas has played 3w 7L in their last 10 vs Calgary's 5w 3L 2OTL. The Flames may be playing the NYI next but Vegas plays Boston. So neither team will have easy points tomorrow. San Jose plays Pittsburgh, who's having a rough time of late, but has won 2 in a row and some what similar to the Flames and their mid season woes. I think SJ has the easier game since Boston has surged with 6 in a row and the NYI playing well at 6W-2L-2OTL. I'm not going to be confident until the Flames top line starts playing a bit better.

I haven't thought about Vegas in a while and I don't think you should either. They are 11 points back of us and we hold two games in hand.

San Jose is our competition, and it's worth noting that they have a much tougher schedule than us down the stretch. So much so that sportsclubstats has us with about a 70% chance to win the division despite our slim lead last time I checked.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I haven't thought about Vegas in a while and I don't think you should either. They are 11 points back of us and we hold two games in hand.

San Jose is our competition, and it's worth noting that they have a much tougher schedule than us down the stretch. So much so that sportsclubstats has us with about a 70% chance to win the division despite our slim lead last time I checked.
Oh, I agree I just included those guys because they were in the top 3. Just trying to be a nice guy!

I saw the post talking about the Sharks vs Flames schedule and we do have it "easier", but Calgary is in a funk still, even though secondary scoring is coming in handy. Let's hope they bottom lines keep up the pace until the top lines find a way. I think the team needs something to rally behind like they had with Bennett's stash before he maliciously slashed it. The Blues bonded with the song "Gloria" at a bar and have been going on a tear.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
How the hell is Chicago in last place in the Central but only 1 point out of a playoff spot

Khrox

May 31, 2018
How the hell is Chicago in last place in the Central but only 1 point out of a playoff spot
More importantly, how the hell is the projected wildcard cutoff (second wildcard spot) in the west sitting at 82 points? A guy on another site I regularly visit puts up charts on a regular basis that show projected playoff point projections, and I've rarely seen him be off by more than a couple points (he updates usually after every flames game from ASG on, but sometimes he'll update if there is like 10+ games on a night the Flames don't play). And yeah, the current 2WC spot is at 82 points (likely to change as a few teams play eachother in division and in conference). Meanwhile Tampa is already at the projected 2WC point mark for the East (so theoretically they don't have to win a game the rest of the season and could still make it)

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Wild card race is crazy, 7 teams within 4 points fighting for 2 spots.

“Race”

F28BB2BB-2323-4B64-AD38-109838C932C8.gif

Reactions: Snazu

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
He's an upgrade on Lazar who is on our roster. He also was a contributor in the Caps Cup win last spring.
Lazar is on the roster for maybe another 5 days (and him being a clear upgrade is probably debatable anyways). Like, I guess we could have DSP in the press box or use him until Neal comes back. But I see us adding a forward at the deadline, and then we’re full up front.

For arguments sake post deadline:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Zuccarello
Bennett - Jankowski - Neal
Mangiapane - Ryan - Czarnik
Hathaway - Quine

Don’t see where he fits at all. For what it’s worth, Quine also had a hell of a playoffs a couple years back with NYI too.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
It’s pretty funny that we arguably benefit more from Edmonton playing the most games against teams on the 2nd half of back to backs than Edmonton does.

Most teams start their backup against us in the first game then save their starter for Edmonton because they want to lock in a guaranteed win

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Lazar is on the roster for maybe another 5 days (and him being a clear upgrade is probably debatable anyways). Like, I guess we could have DSP in the press box or use him until Neal comes back. But I see us adding a forward at the deadline, and then we’re full up front.

For arguments sake post deadline:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Zuccarello
Bennett - Jankowski - Neal
Mangiapane - Ryan - Czarnik
Hathaway - Quine

Don’t see where he fits at all. For what it’s worth, Quine also had a hell of a playoffs a couple years back with NYI too.
In the playoffs give me DSP over Mangiapane every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad