giphy.gif

That's gotta be the goal of the year

What the f***

Reactions: InfinityIggy

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
That Florida goal is filthy...

Also, with Anaheim and NJ winning, the Oilers are down to 29th and could fall to 30th if la wins tomorrow. Hughes and Kakko's agents are scrambling to deal with the impending doom their clients face right now :laugh:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
The Ducks like the Ducks again after firing Carlyle. Like the Ducks we hate to play against.

Naturally we have 3 games left against them.

So frustrating. If we don't win the Pacific it will be because of losing intra-divisional games (already lost season series to Van, need a regulation W on March 31st to tie SJS)

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Ducks could play with the net empty for the full 60 minutes and we'd still find a way to blow the game in the 3rd period

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
The Ducks like the Ducks again after firing Carlyle. Like the Ducks we hate to play against.

So frustrating. If we don't win the Pacific it will be because of losing intra-divisional games (already lost season series to Van, need a regulation W on March 31st to tie SJS)

Great now I’m worried about them again, we seriously need to win at least 2/3 of those Ducks games just for this teams sanity and mine.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

The Oilers were 8-2 after their coaching change. It'll pass.

Aug 3, 2010
Only caught the last half of the third period onwards for the Buins-Sharks game and that was stupid, but as a Flames fan I'll take it.

Aug 3, 2010
what happened?
Sharks were pretty much dominating play from the time I was watching, up 5-4 on the Bruins. Bruins tie it up 5-5 with a couple minutes left, on a missed high-sticking call (that lead to the tying goal but was not the scoring touch) as the play was unreviewable and therefore ruled good. During all of this, and I never saw a different angle, but I clearly saw the ref wave the goal off behind the net but apparently only a moment before the camera cut to him waving "no goal", he may have waved "good goal" as well. Anyways, the goal counts.

In overtime, with Sharks mostly controlling the play, the Bruins had control of the puck momentarily in the Sharks' zone, but a bad turnover leads to a 2-0 breakaway but the refs called it dead because 15 seconds prior the Bruins entering the Sharks zone, Evander Kane was bumped into the Bruins' net which knocked it off the moorings.
The Bruins' net was never restored to its moorings so when the breakway happened goign towards the unsecured net the play was called down. The Bruins proceeded to score in OT within the next minute.

Just a total circus. Not saying it was biased refereeing either, just a total procedural circus.

But at least the Flames are still 1st in the West.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
God damn as happy as I am that the sharks lost we were only one goal away from seeing Jumbo Joe’s rooster

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sharks were pretty much dominating play from the time I was watching, up 5-4 on the Bruins. Bruins tie it up 5-5 with a couple minutes left, on a missed high-sticking call (that lead to the tying goal but was not the scoring touch) as the play was unreviewable and therefore ruled good. During all of this, and I never saw a different angle, but I clearly saw the ref wave the goal off behind the net but apparently only a moment before the camera cut to him waving "no goal", he may have waved "good goal" as well. Anyways, the goal counts.
The ref never once waved off the goal. He emphatically pointed to the net like 8 times, then when Sharks players came over to argue that it was a high stick, he did the gesture to indicate that he had touched it again (the same gesture for saying a puck was deflected over the glass, where you rub one hand over the fingers on the other hand). I think this is the thing that people thought was him waving it off, but he was very clearly indicating a good goal the whole time.

I think you missed another hilarious gaffe earlier in the game, too. Couture got a partial breakaway after splitting the D, got literally the most meaningless of "hooks" while going in, his shot went through Rask but was cleared right off the goal-line, and the referee, in his excitement, emphatically waved off the goal, then (while yelling "penalty shot") accidentally pointed to the goal instead of centre ice. The horn went off, the players all cheered, the fans all cheered, everybody cheered, and Toronto prompted an official review. What a gong show.

Aug 3, 2010
The ref never once waved off the goal. He emphatically pointed to the net like 8 times, then when Sharks players came over to argue that it was a high stick, he did the gesture to indicate that he had touched it again (the same gesture for saying a puck was deflected over the glass, where you rub one hand over the fingers on the other hand). I think this is the thing that people thought was him waving it off, but he was very clearly indicating a good goal the whole time.

I think you missed another hilarious gaffe earlier in the game, too. Couture got a partial breakaway after splitting the D, got literally the most meaningless of "hooks" while going in, his shot went through Rask but was cleared right off the goal-line, and the referee, in his excitement, emphatically waved off the goal, then (while yelling "penalty shot") accidentally pointed to the goal instead of centre ice. The horn went off, the players all cheered, the fans all cheered, everybody cheered, and Toronto prompted an official review. What a gong show.
Could have been. It was a very brief cut to the goal call including the ref, and was incredibly easy to interpret as a "no goal" wave, and I definitely didn't see a "good goal" signal but that's just THE MEDIA controlling the narrative!

And I don't doubt that that other sequence you described happened at all. That game should've been made into a "How Not To Do Your Job: Referee Edition" for training purposes by the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad