Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sure, but we saw Chiasson being the go to last year. Despite the career year it created it for him, it still pales in comparison to what they’ve been able to get out of Neal so far.

But we're talking about a much better Oilers team, too. McDouglas and Draisaitl are creating offence on another level this year, perhaps because of the coaching change. They are producing more away from Neal as well. There's a strong likelihood of Chiasson benefiting from that if he retained his spot. Heck, there's no way of knowing if Lucic might have bounced back in those circumstances. The other four guys on the PP are good enough to do all the heavy lifting, and that's what Neal needs.

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
The avatar bet losers must either choose ratboy (Tkachuk) or Dallas Eakins.
Once their player that they chose scores, they are free of the curse.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Well looks like the honeymoon is over in Toronto. Hopefully ours lasts longer

They’re starting Hutchinson on the b2b tomorrow against Colorado too. Yikes

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm not sure which I enjoy more... reading the HFOil Around the League salty posts when the Flames win or the venom directed at assorted Oilers players and the Oilers club in their GDT thread when the Oilers lose. Fun stuff.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Well looks like the honeymoon is over in Toronto. Hopefully ours lasts longer

They’re starting Hutchinson on the b2b tomorrow against Colorado too. Yikes

Wow I would have never guessed a team with no defence wouldn't have been more successful. Or is it the fact they gave out stupid contracts to all their players and none of them show up now. LOL

At least the Flames have made it out of the first round this decade and we suck.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
With the NHL being dumb and going back to fan voting for the all star game, I wonder if there will be another campaign à la John Scott to get someone in who doesn’t really belong

It would be pretty funny to see someone like Radko Gudas, Ryan Reaves, or Auston Matthews get an invite this year

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Sharks look awful. The Cali teams have a rough few years ahead... maybe not Anaheim for too long though.

Zona and Vegas are both losing. With a win tomorrow we could climb back into a divisional spot and get to within 2 of 2nd place

Last edited:
Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
McDavid and Draisitl already look gassed, Drai especially. It’s almost like you can’t play forwards 25 minutes a night for 82 games
That OT goal was a perfect trifecta of McDavid and Drai coasting on defence, finished off by Smith nearly injuring himself on a shot he could've saved

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I said a month ago the Flames would eventually pass the Oilers, I underestimated how much we'd suck, but I still stand by that original thought. Oilers are giving it their all and their a whopping 6 points up on us. Flames have played like garbage for 90% of the year and are within 3 wins of tying them. Stopping MacKinnon tonight will be a huge test for the new look Flames.

Reactions: Foo Fighter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad