Around the NHL Thread - Found the Missing #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I was reading the HFOil "Around the League" thread last night after the Flames beat the Avs (I find it quite hilarious reading all their obsessive hate and bile towards the Flames) and one of their more prominent posters made a mocking post about the Flames only having 3 regulation wins in 24 games against winning teams. The poster also included this gif in his post:

wD2QRaA.gif

Someone came back and posted that it was ironic that an Oiler fan would post that... given their terrible record for the past 10+ years, or words to that effect, and they posted this graphic too:

Capture.JPG

The funny thing is that after that post a new Around the League thread was immediately started up and the current thread was locked and the offending post was deleted, although the original mocking post was left up.

Nobody likes to or wants to hear the truth I guess, in HFOil land... and if you dare speak it... you're banished to the dungeons and all trace of your existence deleted.W

Sorry guy. I don't remember your name but your courageous actions WILL be remembered. Cheers. :thumbu:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Dallas had "no choice" but to fire him. Sounds like a very serious transgression.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
With Vali travelling with the team you have to think he is rehabbing well. If he can come back in the new year we can jettison Hamonic the f*** out.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I heard it from the Arizona guy who said that someone from the Arizona board ran into Tkachuk and Valimaki at Chipotle before the game

This is the only source that matters

giphy.gif

Disgusting behaviour

Off topic: Who is Aliu dressed up as? I keep thinking he looks like Will from Stranger things in that get up.

On topic: This is stupid. This is the type of thing that even a decade ago, even if you think it's hilarious, you do it, realize it's not so funny and probably apologize by the end of the night unless completely stubborn or tone deaf to Aliu's feelings. I mean, even a decade ago, unless you're a straight up jerk, you realize that mocking someone is entertainment for only so long, right? I am willing to give a benefit of a doubt for some of the actions of years long ago because society has evolved in how society expects us to behave. But even back then, there should have been at least the slightest bit of remorse for a stupid and dumb decision such as this, right?

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Off topic: Who is Aliu dressed up as? I keep thinking he looks like Will from Stranger things in that get up.

That picture was taken in 2011 and Stranger Things came out in 2016.

It's great to know that in the future Aliu refuses to let his race keep him from achieving his time travelling dreams. He should be an inspiration to us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad