OT: Around the NHL - This is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Yea we get boned, but whatever. It’s either a cancelled season or do it some other way. If we can’t beat MTL, who sold off players, in a best of 5, then we shouldn’t be in the playoffs anyway haha.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yea we get boned, but whatever. It’s either a cancelled season or do it some other way. If we can’t beat MTL, who sold off players, in a best of 5, then we shouldn’t be in the playoffs anyway haha.

I figure worst case scenario they lose, but keep their first rounder and maybe pick decently high.

It’s the NHL though, so they will probably find a way to f*** up the draft order and optional picks.

Reactions: Andy99

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Ian Cole said:
"You only have so many opportunities to be on a really great team that has a very legitimate chance, and I view us as a team that has a very legitimate chance to win a Stanley Cup," Cole told The Denver Post. "I look around at all the teams in the league, and obviously I'm quite a bit biased, but I think we can beat any team in this league in a seven-game series.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I don't really know what to think. Of course I'll watch hockey when it comes back regardless. But if they start a 2 week training camp beginning of June, then they have this buy in playoff, followed by a normal 16 team playoff bracket. We are probably talking August for the playoffs to be done.

That's nuts, I would love to watch hockey. But I'm really on the fence on whether we should just call it a season. Awarding a Cup in August and playing to no crowds just seems meh. Could they do antibody testing on prospective fans? All those with antibodies can go...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
here’s another Sportsnet article saying the Pens are the big loser in this format....

Picking a winner, loser and dark horse in NHL's proposed 24-team playoff - Sportsnet.ca
I like how it doesn't mention that Crosby would be rested and in a better spot from his hernia surgery or that Jake Guentzel would be ready or that Dumoulin and the rest too.

So the Pens getting all their guns ready are no match for....Carey Price.

Lmao.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Parks is obviously another great one. This is why I can't get to the new shows I want to watch; I love some good comfort TV.
I mean to throw in a third thing I binge off of Prime...

giphy.gif

So while this stupid ass format is fun for the loser teams and their fans, it's ass. Absolutely an ass format.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I mean to throw in a third thing I binge off of Prime...

giphy.gif

So while this stupid ass format is fun for the loser teams and their fans, it's ass. Absolutely an ass format.
eh, I really don't care about the format. Tell me when the next Pens game is and I'll watch. It's up to them to win the games.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
is it so hard for them to just freeze the standings and hold a traditional playoff? the NHL had to get cute and i'm sure are doing it for nothing more than $$$. it's going to be such a long layoff as it is, doesn't even feel like it's part of the 2019-20 season anymore.. more like a one-off summer exhibition tournament.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad