OT: Around the NHL - This is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That Malgin trade is just, why? It was like Dubas got all excited everyone else was trading, he decided to add a midget bottom 6'er to his team that didn't even need it. He's like a fast small player that has a mostly weak shot, ok playmaker, isn't good at faceoffs, but he's like the right guy for a 4th or 5th powerplay unit if it ever existed.

This is what they played vs the Pens.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Nylander - Tavares - Kerfoot
Engvall - Gauthier - Kapanen
Clifford - Spezza - Timashov

Yeah, they got skated circles around, so they add a 5'9" speedy guy and think that's the move. THE move.

He's like a piss poor version of Dominik Simon.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That Malgin trade is just, why? It was like Dubas got all excited everyone else was trading, he decided to add a midget bottom 6'er to his team that didn't even need it. He's like a fast small player that has a mostly weak shot, ok playmaker, isn't good at faceoffs, but he's like the right guy for a 4th or 5th powerplay unit if it ever existed.

Yeah, they got skated circles around, so they add a 5'9" speedy guy and think that's the move. THE move.

Isn’t Malgin a Penguins killer? I’m sure that why they traded for him right before this game tomorrow...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Isn’t Malgin a Penguins killer? I’m sure that why they traded for him right before this game tomorrow...
I mean, career 7 games and 1 goal...probably not. That hobbit does terrorize the Islanders though, 9 games, 4 goals against them in his career.

He looks like a step slower Simon, which is probably the Leafs fastest player.

With that said, watch him score against the Pens tomorrow.

Reactions: Andy99

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Malgin vs Malkin again? probably not. Geno is sick and Malgin prob wont have peperwork done by game time, or is that only a Pens thing where it takes forever?

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Malgin vs Malkin again? probably not. Geno is sick and Malgin prob wont have peperwork done by game time, or is that only a Pens thing where it takes forever?
It's the Leafs, I am sure the league would probably postpone the game and start the Pens with a highsticking penalty just to make sure he arrives on time and on a powerplay, to ease him into his allstar career in Ronto.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
SO I went to the Leafs board to figure this deal out, because it's just...yeah.

He played with Matthews in Zurich.

LMAO...Dubas is just the most bizarre wanker as a GM. He has a hard on for his SOo Greyhound boys, then he goes and gets some dwarf that used to play with Matthews.

Someone needs to let him know, Jack Johnson used to be teammates with Muzzin.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
It's the Leafs, I am sure the league would probably postpone the game and start the Pens with a highsticking penalty just to make sure he arrives on time and on a powerplay, to ease him into his allstar career in Ronto.
Also we would be forced to trade them Malkin and Crosby both 50% retained for Ceci, Kapanen, Kerfoot, Barrie.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Johnsson is done for the season and I think Mikheyev is back near the end of the season at the earliest. It’s a pretty nothing move that gets someone with NHL experience.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So instead of fixing his defense, Dubas is on a speed trip.

Malgin, Veronneau, both guys known for skating.

Lol, it's like his entire take away from the Pens game was "we need to get faster"...not those cross ice passes through his weak ass defense.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
this guy Kubalik is amazing...we took the wrong Dominik from Chicago, even though I like Kahun...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
this guy Kubalik is amazing...we took the wrong Dominik from Chicago, even though I like Kahun...
I was advocating earlier in the season to trade for that Dom too, all Dom's are belong to us.

I can't wait to see Boston go ham on trying to get Kreider. Also apparently Adam Gaudette is available from the Canucks, that's a kid I would love to see the Pens get and use him as a winger. I used to hope there was a way the Pens could get Virtanen from them, but Gaudette is another kid that would just look perfect on Sid's RW. It would let Simon slide into the bottom 6 and add depth there.

Apparently they are looking for a top 4 defenseman. Let's bring Justin Schultz home.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Galchenyuk with the game-winning shootout goal against the Canucks tonight. That's more than he ever did in a Pens uni.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Mildly shocked to see Galch score but then saw what kind of goal it was.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I'm not going to hate on the guy. He at least put in effort when he was here, he just didn't seem to ever fit in or find his groove.

as futile as he often looked, i could tell he was *trying*. never questioned the effort - it just wasn't working. if things work for him in minny, more power to him.

reminded me a lot of a quote from...r*ssi, almost certainly, earrrrrrrrly in johnston's tenure about craig adams (it stuck with me bc it was so laughably infuriating at the time), that was, basically, "you see that move into the offensive zone? he's trying so hard!!!" and like, the effort wasn't particularly adams' issue - then - the problem was he just Very Bad, and had been for awhile already.

galchenyuk's like 11 years younger than adams at the time, there's plenty of room for him to find a fit somewhere. ball's in his court rn.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I f***ing hate this thread title, it keeps popping this damn song in my head and the worst part is, I like the song and now it's what I hum after reading this god damn forum, so you wankers should suffer too.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
I was advocating earlier in the season to trade for that Dom too, all Dom's are belong to us.

I can't wait to see Boston go ham on trying to get Kreider. Also apparently Adam Gaudette is available from the Canucks, that's a kid I would love to see the Pens get and use him as a winger. I used to hope there was a way the Pens could get Virtanen from them, but Gaudette is another kid that would just look perfect on Sid's RW. It would let Simon slide into the bottom 6 and add depth there.

Apparently they are looking for a top 4 defenseman. Let's bring Justin Schultz home.

personally I don't want to see the bruins get Kreider. For us, the best thing to happen is they decide to get him a contract and he remains a ranger. Or heads out to Colorado. Bruins have their top line and it's a steep drop off after that, they get some legit threats below that top line and it will make them a lot tougher (in theory).

Also as much we all hate on Simon, Sid loves him. Sid gets what Sid wants, and I can't say he's wrong right now. Simon might not be potting all these chances he gets but he is helping that line right now.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
as futile as he often looked, i could tell he was *trying*. never questioned the effort - it just wasn't working. if things work for him in minny, more power to him.

reminded me a lot of a quote from...r*ssi, almost certainly, earrrrrrrrly in johnston's tenure about craig adams (it stuck with me bc it was so laughably infuriating at the time), that was, basically, "you see that move into the offensive zone? he's trying so hard!!!" and like, the effort wasn't particularly adams' issue - then - the problem was he just Very Bad, and had been for awhile already.

galchenyuk's like 11 years younger than adams at the time, there's plenty of room for him to find a fit somewhere. ball's in his court rn.

Do you not remember the skill and prowess of Craig Adams on this breakaway??? This WAS during the illustrious tenure of Mike Johnston :nod:

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad