OT: Around the NHL - This is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
So I'm excited to watch hockey again eventually. But the latest is that we probably don't see anything until august, which makes half of me go what's the point just can the season and start over. But the other half of me thinks this could be an insanely fun hockey tourney about to happen. Every team is going to be rested up, most injuries recovered from and so on. Only thing is to shake off a bit of the rust and get going. But then I go back to playing in front of empty stands. That's kinda like my beer league hockey where all ya get is someone's girl friend up in the stands (wives don't really care they are smart and are sleeping), it's fun but no screaming fans will take quite a bit away from the game.

So at the end of this dizzying post of mine. I don't know what to make of this. It could be exciting/fun hockey to watch or it could just be awful. I'm not sure if there is a middle ground.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Back when the Sabres had Briere and Drury I was a fan. Then they botched re-signing those two players and I lost interest. And then working in Erie I had a number of friends and co-workers who were Sabres fans. Was really hoping they'd get McDavid...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I get what Evander Kane is doing. But asking Tom Brady and Sidney Crosby to speak out about race and inequality is not the right thing to do. Tom is active in social media but Crosby isn't and to ask a private person to suddenly start giving statements /opinions isn't the stance Kane should be poking at.

Yeah we've been done wrong in so many ways but the rioting and acts of violence to get your point across isn't something I stand behind as black person, more importantly, a half black half white person. No one sees the white side when they see me, just the visible black. These guys need to speak out, get those people to stop the rioting and start being more productive in this. Asking athletes to speak up? I don't care for that.

Not unless they're pressuring change. A statement does nothing. Pushing for change does. Kane isn't doing this in the right way at all.

Couldn't/Can't quite put it into words about how I feel about all of this. The police violence, the racism, the racism in sports, rioting and justifying how people see us, all of it is so stupid.

With the pandemic, I have to worry about losing loved ones, been through the virus myself, worry about violence towards the Asian community of which my gf is a part of, being black and experiencing that bullshit. Shit needs to change.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think they devalue everyone so that they can get them for a song.

It's like trading your car into a dealer. They offer you jack, then turn around and list it on the lot for 7k more lol

"I guess we'll give you a third for Murray or whatever..but you'll need to add a sweetener"

Next thing you know he's on every billboard in the GTA, lol
100% this.

I despise the Leafs organization and their fans.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So we scoured the Czech league for wing talent in their early 20s and decided to sign Zohorna over this hombre?

HockeyBuzz.com - Tyler Cameron - Who is Matej Chalupa?

JR needs to start thinking outside the bun.

I mean that name markets itself, every time he scores, Chalupa's for everyone!

T2QFfpD.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not to downplay the Jackets, but it depends on what kind of shape the Leafs are in. If Muzzin and Rielly have a rough series and the forwards forget to play defense, then the Jackets could knock them out.
Jackets are that hardworking team that plays like a unit. Leafs to me just have way too many warts even with the young talent they have.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad