OT: Around the NHL - The Tournament Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Lovejoy with the brain cramp clear over the boards, Bolts score on the ensuing PP.
Geez how I've missed the Rev. NOT.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Tampa are frightening to watch. No way that, if we were to get there, we'd beat them.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
New Jersey made the playoffs because they played harder then everyone else in the regular season.

In the playoffs they don't have that advantage, they will be lucky to win a game in this series.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey made the playoffs because they played harder then everyone else in the regular season.

In the playoffs they don't have that advantage, they will be lucky to win a game in this series.

Some day, some will learn the Playoffs are much different than the regular season.

Devils fans were very confident after sweeping them during the season. Was obvious Tampa wasnt showing their best.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Tampa are frightening to watch. No way that, if we were to get there, we'd beat them.

I dunno. I like our chances v TB a lot better than v Bs.

But at this point I've no idea what team will show up on any given night and just hope we can get past PHL.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Speaking of frightening, TB scored twice more and it's 4-1.

DEvils swept these guys?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I dunno. I like our chances v TB a lot better than v Bs.

But at this point I've no idea what team will show up on any given night and just hope we can get past PHL.

Me too....I’m not sure we get out of the Metro....our inconsistencies remain a valid source of concern

Boy, the refs must have been to.d to call embellishment any chance they get...another dubious call in the NSH Avs game

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Geez. These first round western conference games aren't even competitive.

(And LA just turtled for 2 extra periods... wasn't that exciting of a game)

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
That Nieto penalty is prime PO's reffing.
You really just have to eat punches and skate away. Slash, punch retaliation...you're going down a man.

Reactions: Gumbercules

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Another wonderful display of officiating. How do they miss Rinne punching Nieto in the head and the call him for punching Subban less than 3 seconds later?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The officiating really is a joke. This idea that they "let them play" is bogus because they'll randomly call something out of the blue that they let go 10 times prior.

Either call every (legitimate) penalty or call nothing. Don't let a bunch go, then randomly decide to call a cheap one.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Having to play Boston in the 2nd round will bring them down a notch or two.

We were worn down..banged up and missing a few players for the ECF last year and it showed the first 3 games, going down 2-1, only 1 goal in each game. Thats why that went to 7.

Boston - Tampa
Nashville - Winnipeg

Will be battles. Making it a little easier for whoever they face right after. At least for the first few games, when those teams need to take advantage.

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Devils, how's that extra 24 hours "to rest" Hall and others working out for ya??!?!

Yikes. Yeah, that might have been a mistake.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That was an embarrassing mistake on the line change by the Avs...NSH and TB looking really tough...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
That was an embarrassing mistake on the line change by the Avs...NSH and TB looking really tough...

Also facing the weakest opponents. Both teams very similar...a talented first line. With Hall and Mackinnon being able to make games interesting at times but no depth. Philly isnt much better than those two but playoff experience for their core gives them the edge.

All that work Kinkaid did in the regular season and hes pulled in game 2. Another reminder for people that forget how different the playoffs are than regular season.

Just a tuneup for the playoffs for the top teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad