OT: Around the NHL - The Tournament Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Might as well do the rest of us a favour and take a pound of flesh.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I can't see anyone beating Boston in a 7 game series.

They remind me so much of the Pens 2 years ago.

Not really...their PP is running at like 60 %....unsustainable....5x5 hasn’t been the issue for the Leafs...their shooting percentage has been bad so far, like the Pens for most of the season...

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pens can definitely beat Boston if they get decent goaltending, but losing to Tampa would feel less annoying.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I like the higher up camera angle Boston has.

And that’s the last time I ever compliment anything about that ******** city.

I like that, too.

And I have to drive through Boston to get to my family vacation spot in Cape Cod, only other good thing I can say!

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anything to watch tonight, this turkey is cooked!

Same here. I was hoping for a good game tonight being a Saturday and all so I could sit down and relax and enjoy.

Now it looks like I have to watch Den Of Thieves, which I hear is purdy good. It can't be as crappy as Toronto.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Not really...their PP is running at like 60 %....unsustainable....5x5 hasn’t been the issue for the Leafs...their shooting percentage has been bad so far, like the Pens for most of the season...

I'm not saying that just because they have destroyed the Leafs the first 2 games, i'm saying that because they have been the best team in the league for a while IMO.

Their is just no weakness on that team.

Reactions: Andy99

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
i said it before during regular season...no one is beating the bruins this year. Too much firepower, speed and grit.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I can't see anyone beating Boston in a 7 game series.

They remind me so much of the Pens 2 years ago.
With tons more physicality.

The Bruins are grinding the Leafs down and they have no answer. They are punching them in the face and then kicking them in the teeth while they are down and the Leafs are wilting.

Teams used to do this to the Pens and Philly did it again last night and the Pens wilted and Horny lost his mind.

IF the Pens faced Boston this year, it would look like 2013 all over again. The short era of speed and skill winning the Cup is over and the big, heavy, in your face, dirty checking teams are in the drivers seat again.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
They didn't finish the season so strong, especially choking against Florida, so I stupidly thought this was a potential 7 game upset series.

Florida was heavily outplayed but pulled the win out of their ass. but either way, they've been so solid all year long and would've easily won the president's trophy had they not lost half of their roster for 15 or so games..

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Florida was heavily outplayed but pulled the win out of their ass. but either way, they've been so solid all year long and would've easily won the president's trophy had they not lost half of their roster for 15 or so games..
I was trying to find some first round upsets when filling a bracket out, but, man, it isn't looking like there will be many this year.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
With tons more physicality.

The Bruins are grinding the Leafs down and they have no answer. They are punching them in the face and then kicking them in the teeth while they are down and the Leafs are wilting.

Teams used to do this to the Pens and Philly did it again last night and the Pens wilted and Horny lost his mind.

IF the Pens faced Boston this year, it would look like 2013 all over again. The short era of speed and skill winning the Cup is over and the big, heavy, in your face, dirty checking teams are in the drivers seat again.

What are you even on about? Boston is winning every race to the puck and the Leafs are standing around. Boston is good again because they added a ton of fast youth. The Pens didn’t “wilt” last night or lose their minds, Matt Murray didn’t make a save and the Pens didn’t hit a net. Honest to God some of you formulate narratives completely disconnected to what happens on the ice.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
What are you even on about? Boston is winning every race to the puck and the Leafs are standing around. Boston is good again because they added a ton of fast youth. The Pens didn’t “wilt” last night or lose their minds, Matt Murray didn’t make a save and the Pens didn’t hit a net. Honest to God some of you formulate narratives completely disconnected to what happens on the ice.

Oh really? What happened on the ice last night?

I saw Giroux rock Letang, Horny get pushed over the edge and the Pens PP look atrocious.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Oh really? What happened on the ice last night?

I saw Giroux rock Letang, Horny get pushed over the edge and the Pens PP look atrocious.

The Pens outplayed the Flyers badly in a way that usually ends up in a 4-1 win. Big bad Giroux skating backwards into Letang means what, exactly? The Flyers had 20 shots, not many of them high danger. The Pens hit 3 posts, missed a couple empty nets and breakaways and doubled up the Flyers in shots.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm not saying that just because they have destroyed the Leafs the first 2 games, i'm saying that because they have been the best team in the league for a while IMO.

Their is just no weakness on that team.

Until there becomes one. Alot of young players on that team. And some banged up vets. Theyre playing great. I agree with you about how they look. But im assuming we have all been around enough to know how quick that can change the next series..or after. Then its "what happened to _____?" "They choked".

Theyre firing on all cylinders but something about the Leafs just doesnt do it for me as a serious contender. Theyre doing it right by being patient and letting guys develop instead of going for the quick fix and all in. Like the Oilers did, setting themselves back at least a couple of years(needing to be perfect on every move going forward so its not even longer).

Matthews is a star ,but Marner and Nylander have a ways to go. Theyre getting their playoff experience while not mortgaging the future..thats how it should be done. They took the Caps to 6 last year. They really need to give some type of push back in this series and take it to 6. Will go a long way. Then this offseason is when they should look for that big upgrade. With Bozak and JVR possibly gone, they can add a top FA. Should also look to upgrade on Anderson. Hes not bad, but hes not someone I can see stealing games and help carry a team to the cup. The roster would have to be alot better.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Same here. I was hoping for a good game tonight being a Saturday and all so I could sit down and relax and enjoy.

Now it looks like I have to watch Den Of Thieves, which I hear is purdy good. It can't be as crappy as Toronto.
I actually contemplated watching the NBA until I remembered that too is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad