OT: Around the NHL - The Tournament Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
All game 1s are over. I know you can hate the Caps as a rival, but I honestly feel bad. The building just felt like the Caps were going to lose. The fans have to be fed up. I'm not rooting for them, but I definitely feel for them.
I don't. I can never get enough of a rival losing in the playoffs.

My 2 cents.......I think the only time I would ever feel sorry for a team and their fans would be a situation like the Cleveland Browns. Where they are so pathetic, that it's almost a joke level. And any city that might lose their team.

The Caps??!?! They finished higher than us, they did plenty of winning in the regular season. Playoff time, not rooting for either CBJ or Wash. Whichever loses, I will rejoice in that. The winner? boooooooooo, haha. But someone has to win it.

I think of the two takes, the Caps would much rather have my POV from a rival fan. As pity? That just feels waaaaay worse, imo, than "rival hate". And usually comes from a rival fan when their "belly is full", haha. Which makes the pity, even worse.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't. I can never get enough of a rival losing in the playoffs.

My 2 cents.......I think the only time I would ever feel sorry for a team and their fans would be a situation like the Cleveland Browns. Where they are so pathetic, that it's almost a joke level. And any city that might lose their team.

The Caps??!?! They finished higher than us, they did plenty of winning in the regular season. Playoff time, not rooting for either CBJ or Wash. Whichever loses, I will rejoice in that. The winner? boooooooooo, haha. But someone has to win it.

I think of the two takes, the Caps would much rather have my POV from a rival fan. As pity? That just feels waaaaay worse, imo, than "rival hate". And usually comes from a rival fan when their "belly is full", haha. Which makes the pity, even worse.

2 things:

1) I try to put myself in the position of a paying fan. And every time I say "paying" I mean investing time and money. Time being more important. So many fans of Washington would kill for just ONE Cup so they could feel how it is to win. We are on a quest for a 3rd in a row and 6th overall. That's so damn crazy and i'm grateful for it. But when you look into the crowd and see a paying fan who invested their life into the sport, it's hard not to feel for them.

2) I am 10000000% with you about CBJ/Washington. I'm not rooting for either. I'll be happy the other one loses. Because IF (and I mean if) we get by Philly, that's a tough task ahead. So i will not wish for one or another if we get there. Whoever stands in our way, we have to beat.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
If the Jets play the Preds in round 2 that is my bet for best series of the playoffs. Those teams are big, deep, and skilled. So much good hockey this time of year.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Never feel bad..the second those teams( caps, browns) have success , they will rub it in our faces. Especially if it comes against us.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
On the other hand, LA is an embarrassment. How many goals are they gonna score this series? 4, maybe? Just straight-up too slow. Getting out-skated big time. Quick is beasting as best as he can.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Is the only team that doesn’t have a PP goal yet in the POs the number one PP unit in the NHL this year? How ironic....Pens better get off the schneid, if only not to be outdone by the Kings....

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Is the only team that doesn’t have a PP goal yet in the POs the number one PP unit in the NHL this year? How ironic....Pens better get off the schneid, if only not to be outdone by the Kings....

We did get a PP goal in Game 1. It wasn't the first unit, but that doesn't matter (they're getting on the board in G3 anyway).

W
Also, unrelated, with Quick as dialed-in as he is, anything is possible for LA right now.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We did get a PP goal in Game 1. It wasn't the first unit, but that doesn't matter (they're getting on the board in G3 anyway).

W
Also, unrelated, with Quick as dialed-in as he is, anything is possible for LA right now.

That LAK-VGK series is really, really tight....

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The Jets are damn good. Stastny balances that lineup out perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->