Around the NHL - the deadline is around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jones has been well below average this year, though. His save percentage is in the 800s.

True but it hasn’t prevented SJ from putting up a +28 goal differential and the second best record in the West...they’ve been a cut above everyone else with their roster otherwise, although if Karlsson is hurt that’ll be a problem..SJ should sit him for the remainder of the RS

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
True but it hasn’t prevented SJ from putting up a +28 goal differential and the second best record in the West...they’ve been a cut above everyone else with their roster otherwise, although if Karlsson is hurt that’ll be a problem..SJ should sit him for the remainder of the RS

Totally, it's impressive that San Jose has been able to have such a good record given Jones's putrid goaltending. I just think that good fortune can turn to bad so quickly in the playoffs, and I would hate to have to rely on a goalie who's put up a save percentage in the 800s, like he's some kind of time traveler from the 1980s or something.

Reactions: Andy99

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sharks will be fine for two rounds. After that they will start facing real competition and it'll be harder to hide such a flaw.

Their defense is actually stout enough that no Karlsson shouldn't be a big issue.

I mean for like a third of the year EK was acutely atrocious and they were still winning.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Anybody know if those companies that make edible underwear diversify to other types of clothing? My declaration of eating my hat if the Islanders made the playoffs is not aging too well.

You probably should have lead with your last sentence. I was really starting to wonder where you were going with this at the beginning ...

Reactions: Zirakzigil

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
lol wtf

Is Sprong hurt or in scratch land? Seemed like he was doing OK for a bit but stopped paying attention once the novelty wore off.

Also, Nashville deserves to get bounced in the first round for having Cody Mcleod in their lineup in 2019.
Sprong apparently will be on line 1 tonight for them with Rakell and Perry.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Mueller for NJD legit looks like he just got paralyzation in the NJ/CGY game.
I so hope thats not the case tho.

ETA: He's moving his arms atleast and gave a thumbs up as he's wheeled out on the stretcher.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Been catching as many Tampa games as possible. Looking more mortal. Barely beat the Kings after a 3rd period meltdown. And the Rangers are carrying the play in the 3rd here in a tie game.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Been catching as many Tampa games as possible. Looking more mortal. Barely beat the Kings after a 3rd period meltdown. And the Rangers are carrying the play in the 3rd here in a tie game.

To be fair, they’re so far ahead of every other team it’s probably hard to get up for 60 min of every game against every opponent

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I been watching a lot of rangers games - it just worked out that way for some reason scheduling wise - and their games are entertaining as heck.
Good to see they are still entertaining after losing a few key guys.

They should have won this game by a large margin, what did they hit like 5 or 6 posts in the second period alone? They dominated 2nd period onward. Well... except it ot.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh I love watching the Avalanche feed. Lauren Gardner makes my heart skip a beat. Ah-cha-chaaa

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
The Avs are fun. they've always been one of my favorite teams outside the Pens. They have a bright future, especially having Ottawa's (likely 1st or 2nd Overall) 1st round pick this year.

Tampa always seems to blow their load in the regular season every year, kinda like the Caps not too long ago. They're still my favorite to come out of the East, but if they don't it won't be a surprise.

Reactions: Corvidae

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
McDavid back and got an assist I see. At least Crosby is going to have more then 89 points this time around unless he gets injured or everyone else does. He probably wont outscore McDavid, too far ahead (9 points). Just hope Crosby can end the season with more overall points then Ovechkin finally.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
ya got some pie on your face denver
Showed a graphic and said how varlamov is playing so much better and ... immediately vancouver scores a goal and tied it with 3 minuets left in rt. hahahahahaaa

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think this Av's Nuck's game may be the game of the week... skill, hits, saves, sick plays.... ot and a shootout... some serious entertaining hockey.
Was this the game on NBCSN? I hope so cause this is the kind of hockey that will really propel the sport.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Broadcasts need to learn to pull cameras off injuries like this. Until they know he's okay.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
McDavid back and got an assist I see. At least Crosby is going to have more then 89 points this time around unless he gets injured or everyone else does. He probably wont outscore McDavid, too far ahead (9 points). Just hope Crosby can end the season with more overall points then Ovechkin finally.
Ovechkin hasent outscored Crosby in 6 years

Reactions: Shady Machine

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Pearson scored the winner in OT but it was waved off.

From the highlights the game seemed quite entertaining and the Avs didn't lose didn't lose in OT for once but their commentators are literally painful to listen to.

The Oilers collapse was hilarious. Heavily outshot and outplayed the Leafs in the first, took a dumb penalty, Koskinen allowed a bad rebound at the end of it. Then in the second they just about stopped playing and allowed four quick goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad