Around the NHL - the deadline is around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Not sure how I feel about this. Part of me really wants to save the fancy stuff for later and just watch the game.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
'augmented reality' like that tech is not something I want.

also
cut.jpg

dear lord...now the advanced staters are gonna draw triangles as a measure of defensive coverage and pressure.

"well you see he has been at an 8.7ft/d-man%Avg but career is usually a 6.7ft/d-man%aAvg so, he should not be extended before free agency." rabble rabble.

f***

Last edited:

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I'm fairly sure Crosby won the MVP because he was the only guy who practiced for it beforehand. Giroux and Barzal threatened to leave when he tried to organize line rushes.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
'augmented reality' like that tech is not something I want.

also
cut.jpg

dear lord...now the advanced staters are gonna draw triangles as a measure of defensive coverage and pressure.

"well you see he has been at an 8.7ft/d-man%Avg but career is usually a 6.7ft/d-man%aAvg so, he should not be extended before free agency." rabble rabble.

I don’t mind that. I simply want to watch a hockey game without it looking like Guitar Hero.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I didn't like the puck trail but I thought the name/number tags were actually a good idea. I think new fans would really enjoy it after some fine tuning.

The split screen stuff is absolute trash though. We don't buy expensive tv's to have the ice surface shrunk in favor of useless stats and photos.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I could see the NHL using the name and number tags in the Cup Finals. Cut them like 1 second shorter though and i don't think its a bad idea

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Matthew Barnaby and his impression on McDavid right now, after an interview with him.

"He is a very bitter man right now. He's gotta know that the Oilers are years away from even competing for a Cup. And like all great players, they are very concerned with their legacy. And they know that legacy is tied to winning Cup(s)................ Right now, he's very bitter."

I didn't hear the interview. Just MB's impressions today while talking about it on his show. Said McDavid wouldn't answer any of his questions regarding the Oilers. Just the AS game. (which I can understand, but MB said, "Crosby would have never done that, but I get it, he's a young kid." )

FWIW, cause that was Barnaby's take on McDavid, after talking to him at the AS game.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Matthew Barnaby and his impression on McDavid right now, after an interview with him.

"He is a very bitter man right now. He's gotta know that the Oilers are years away from even competing for a Cup. And like all great players, they are very concerned with their legacy. And they know that legacy is tied to winning Cup(s)................ Right now, he's very bitter."

I didn't hear the interview. Just MB's impressions today while talking about it on his show. Said McDavid wouldn't answer any of his questions regarding the Oilers. Just the AS game. (which I can understand, but MB said, "Crosby would have never done that, but I get it, he's a young kid." )

FWIW, cause that was Barnaby's take on McDavid, after talking to him at the AS game.

Was Barnaby grinning at him in that obnoxious way the entire time?

Reactions: Shady Machine

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Leave it for the replay during intermission to show how fast someone was shooting or accelerating etc. But in game, those graphics would kill the game for me.

Definitely. Although, I can see guys like Edzo and Engblom making good use of them during replays.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Muzzin to Toronto. If Toronto gets even average goaltending it's them and Tampa as the favorites out of the east right now.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Muzzin to Toronto. If Toronto gets even average goaltending it's them and Tampa as the favorites out of the east right now.

I know little about the prospectsgoing to LA but does anyone know if the pens could have produced a comparable package?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

The Caps we’re favourites when they got Shattenkirk too

Reactions: DegenX

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Lots of teams with money have bought the best players over the years. Few of them have won it all.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Lots of teams with money have bought the best players over the years. Few of them have won it all.
This sounds like what someone from the Pittsburgh Pirates’ management would say.

Tampa and Toronto are legitimate contenders while gramps continues to make lateral trades.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
This sounds like what someone from the Pittsburgh Pirates’ management would say.

Tampa and Toronto are legitimate contenders while gramps continues to make lateral trades.

No, there are countless examples of teams landing the big fish at the trade deadline and then underperforming in the playoffs. But the grass is always greener for some fans.

Reactions: Smasher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad