Around the NHL - the deadline is around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The western teams are absolutely stacking up.

Calgary is the only team didn't do anything. However, they made most of their moves in the offseason.

San Jose - As others have said, their forward group is really, really, really good with the addition of Nyquist. Plus, their defense isn't shabby either. If they have one weakness, it's in net. Their goaltending (and correct me if I'm wrong) is right next to Florida as being the worst in the league this season.

Winnipeg - Hayes fills what was a glaring hole in their lineup. Plus, they added some extra bodies on defense. They are the most dangerous team in the West when firing on all cylinders.

Nashville - Like the Flames (see below), I'm not sure if Rinne will come through for them. He was yanked in Game 7 against the Jets - a team not based in Pittsburgh - last season. The rest of their roster is good though. The Big 4 on D and a solid forward group.

Vegas - I really like the addition of Stone, who should fit that team like a glove. While in a playoff spot, the team isn't enjoying the 'luck' they had last season.

Calgary - Rittich has cooled off over the past month. Also, they could have used another forward at the deadline.

St. Louis - They didn't do anything, but did they really need to? Don't mess with a good thing.

Dallas - They added Ben Lovejoy. Yeah...

Minnesota - I have no idea what to make of this team.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
San Jose goaltending is the weak spot but it shouldn't be...And they've got enough skill in front that they might survive a seven game series against anyone.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I know there's a lot of bitterness over Iginla's time here, but here is a tremendous read about him from the Flames website.

I almost peed my pants twice near the trade deadline:

1) When we got Hossa
2) When we got Iggy

Iggy to me was always hockey royalty...just a flat out nice dude who played hard but wasn't dirty. I absolutely could not believe we landed him. And I don't blame him 1 iota for his performance here. Heck at 1 juncture I believe they had him playing the point on the PP!?

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory

*duuun nuu...duuuun nuuu...duuu nu duuu nu duuun duunuuu ddddduduuuu*

:fight::sharks:stanley:
3MdYi.gif

Looks like shark fin soup is back on the menu boys.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
nevermind, they play tomorrow.

lol wtf

Is Sprong hurt or in scratch land? Seemed like he was doing OK for a bit but stopped paying attention once the novelty wore off.

Also, Nashville deserves to get bounced in the first round for having Cody Mcleod in their lineup in 2019.

Reactions: Pete Gas

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
lol wtf

Is Sprong hurt or in scratch land? Seemed like he was doing OK for a bit but stopped paying attention once the novelty wore off.

Also, Nashville deserves to get bounced in the first round for having Simmonds in their lineup.

FTFY!!!!! f*** that team now, hope they are bounced early.

Reactions: Corvidae

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Nashville/St. Louis game has been great. Sundqvist just had a great PK shift. He's having a solid year.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's 0-0 in the 3rd. I thought it was the 2nd. F low scoring games.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Apparently Karlsson could barely skate out there tonight. Didn't come back for the 3rd period. That'd be a shit way for SJ to get bounced early this year if Karlsson is damaged goods.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Tampa, WSH or BOS will be coming out of the East.
The TOR's and CBJ's just don't have the backends the others have.

Out West, it's pretty much the same as last season(WPG, LGK, NSH) but SJS can sneak in there.
CGY will be interesting if they can get some goaltending.

NSH really should've went all in on a guy like Stone.
I predict they'll bow out early again cuz they don't have that pure goal scorer that plays behind Forsberg.
Just like when they had Neal, they reached the SCF.
They didn't need Simmonds at all. They needed a Neal like sniper.

If they bow out again early, would be a prime spot to get something pretty useful for Phil. They'll be very desperate for a guy like him if that happens and Stone/Panarin will be off the market.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If they (Nsh) bow out early maybe they will phone up JR about Kessel and we get a 1st+ young guy for Kessel at draft and have 2 1sts in the draft.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Blues are on some kind of row. The way things are going they are going to win their division even though they were at the bottom of the conference less than two months ago.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Tampa, WSH or BOS will be coming out of the East.
The TOR's and CBJ's just don't have the backends the others have.

Out West, it's pretty much the same as last season(WPG, LGK, NSH) but SJS can sneak in there.
CGY will be interesting if they can get some goaltending.

NSH really should've went all in on a guy like Stone.
I predict they'll bow out early again cuz they don't have that pure goal scorer that plays behind Forsberg.
Just like when they had Neal, they reached the SCF.
They didn't need Simmonds at all. They needed a Neal like sniper.

If they bow out again early, would be a prime spot to get something pretty useful for Phil. They'll be very desperate for a guy like him if that happens and Stone/Panarin will be off the market.

Definitely agree with the East...only three teams coming out will be WSH, TB or BOS...don’t see TOR or CLB doing it...or Pens unfortunately

Out West, wouldn’t be surprised to see the Blues if they continue to get good goaltending from their young goalie and I’d say really only WPG and SJS are the other contenders there...the West team issues are all goaltending and which will hold up...reasons not to trust Calgary and even NSH and I don’t think MAF will prop up Vegas for another finals run...it’s looking like SJ would be playing Vegas in round one and I see SJ coming out of that one if they can even get average goaltending from Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad