Around the NHL - the deadline is around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I remember some here wanting to get Tobias Rieder.

0 goals in 49 games.

He has ok speed, nothing special. Not really physical. Barely noticeable in any of the Oliers games I have seen.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

0 goals in 49 games.

He has ok speed, nothing special. Not really physical. Barely noticeable in any of the Oliers games I have seen.
Lots here also wanted Pearson before his slump year. Shit happens sometimes, we also wanted DuClair.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Lots here also wanted Pearson before his slump year. **** happens sometimes, we also wanted DuClair.
DuClair, probably will be out of the league by next year. He admitted he doesn't have much rope left before his carer is over, if he doesn't turn it around.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It is why pure speed isn’t a way to win anymore.

Pure speed was never the formula. Penguins won because the D would make quick decisions and the forwards skated as hard as they could to provide support for loose pucks, regardless if they were Hagelin or Kuhnhackl.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017

0 goals in 49 games.

Its insane how much his play fell off, he was one of my favorite depth players few years ago, every time i watched the Coyotes, he stood out to me. Now he doesn't even belong in the league. Wonder what the the main reason is..

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Its insane how much his play fell off, he was one of my favorite depth players few years ago, every time i watched the Coyotes, he stood out to me. Now he doesn't even belong in the league. Wonder what the the main reason is..
Maybe it's just being in Edmonton.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Exactly. We played fast. We didn’t skate fast.

They did both, just not every single player. It was a way more effective style with Hagelin, Sheary, Rust even Kunitz etc able to chase pucks down. Side note, this team misses playoff Kunitz. He was legitimately good in 2016.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Would be nice if the Isles would start losing. We're still within striking distance. Makes things a bit less stressful if top spot in the division isn't locked up yet.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Go Flyers. Ugh.

Could use some help with a CBJ loss.
Yeah, as much as I despise Philly, and they’re not even totally out of it, CBJ is a larger threat.

Go Toronto too. Don’t discount a potential NYI collapse - that team has overachieved, but lost 3 of their last 4.

Reactions: ncm7772

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not sure how that CBJ goal was disallowed? He kicked it but it went off a flyer and then in the goal.
I mean yeah we want the flyers to win but I think thats a bad no goal call.

Edit:
Oh, they explained, you can't kick it in off a players body because technically they didnt possess the puck, but you can kick it in the goal off of their stick.

Also, Flyers just went up 2-1 ... wait, they are challenging this one too lol

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
LOL no goal philly now, another reversal. anyone watching this game?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The scenes on the Island before this game are just rough stuff, man. :laugh: Fully grown man-babies, throwing tantrums and burning/stomping on jerseys because a kid from Toronto got a boatload of money to play in his hometown after giving the Isles' franchise a decade of his career to get their act together, which they couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad