Around the NHL - the deadline is around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The scenes on the Island before this game are just rough stuff, man. :laugh: Fully grown man-babies, throwing tantrums and burning/stomping on jerseys because a kid from Toronto got a boatload of money to play in his hometown after giving the Isles' franchise a decade of his career to get their act together, which they couldn't.
They are doing better now than they ever did with him? What they mad about

Reactions: SirBrad

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
They are doing better now than they ever did with him? What they mad about
Yeah, I don't know. I get being upset at losing the face of the franchise, but it's not like he held out as an RFA and forced the team to trade him. He gave 'em a decade of his career to sort things out and they couldn't do it. He then got an offer for all of the money in the world, to play for his hometown team that he grew up idolizing. Every single person bitching about the decision would do the same. :laugh: Players don't owe you or I anything. Guys like Sidney Crosby are an anomaly.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, I don't know. I get being upset at losing the face of the franchise, but it's not like he held out as an RFA and forced the team to trade him. He gave 'em a decade of his career to sort things out and they couldn't do it. He then got an offer for all of the money in the world, to play for his hometown team that he grew up idolizing. Every single person *****ing about the decision would do the same. :laugh: Players don't owe you or I anything. Guys like Sidney Crosby are an anomaly.
If your bringing Sid into this, he is a god in pittsburgh. Not to mention he lived with Mario for however many years. Sid going anywhere else would be like... I don't even have an event to compare what Sid leaving Pittsburgh would be like. Cataclysmic would be an understatement.

EDIT:
And who honestly wants to live in NYC. That place is complete trash where you have to literally wash your clothes and shower after being outside because of the black soot / trash you get on you and in your lungs. Ewww man. Couldn't pay me to live in NYC.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Holy f***. Boychuk might have just taken a skate to the throat.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, Boychuk for sure got clipped with a skate in the neck/throat area. No signs of blood, but he did the classic towel to the throat and off the ice in a hurry thing. Hopefully it's just a surface thing as opposed to being a deep laceration.

If your bringing Sid into this, he is a god in pittsburgh. Not to mention he lived with Mario for however many years. Sid going anywhere else would be like... I don't even have an event to compare what Sid leaving Pittsburgh would be like. Cataclysmic would be an understatement.

EDIT:
And who honestly wants to live in NYC. That place is complete trash where you have to literally wash your clothes and shower after being outside because of the black soot / trash you get on you and in your lungs. Ewww man. Couldn't pay me to live in NYC.
I bring up Sid to say his unflinching loyalty, through good times as well as bad, is an anomaly. Everyone demands that players of their favorite teams put all else aside to be like Sid is with the Pens and that's just foolish.

As for living in NYC, I can't stand the city, but when you're making ~$10 million a year, there's not many better places to live. Whatever you want or need is minutes away; world-renowned restaurants, theater, museums, music, art galleries--whatever. :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, Boychuk for sure got clipped with a skate in the neck/throat area. No signs of blood, but he did the classic towel to the throat and off the ice in a hurry thing. Hopefully it's just a surface thing as opposed to being a deep laceration.

I bring up Sid to say his unflinching loyalty, through good times as well as bad, is an anomaly. Everyone demands that players of their favorite teams put all else aside to be like Sid is with the Pens and that's just foolish.

As for living in NYC, I can't stand the city, but when you're making ~$10 million a year, there's not many better places to live. Whatever you want or need is minutes away; world-renowned restaurants, theater, museums, music, art galleries--whatever. :laugh:
I am a huge fan of broadway plays. It's like watching a movie in real life. I saw quite a few plays in nyc and I have got to say, that is awesome, but if your into that kind of thing.
My cousin lives in Manhattan and I could go there basically anytime I want and I still rarely go there. It's just so filthy and the rats are abnormally large and fear no man.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I am a huge fan of broadway plays. It's like watching a movie in real life. I saw quite a few plays in nyc and I have got to say, that is awesome, but if your into that kind of thing.
My cousin lives in Manhattan and I could go there basically anytime I want and I still rarely go there. It's just so filthy and the rats are abnormally large and fear no man.
Oh yeah, I grew up just south of NYC and have been countless times. It's gross, but when you have a ton of money there aren't many places like it on Earth. Same sorta thing goes for LA, Vegas or Chicago. Pretty shitty as a normal dude, but as a rich dude, f***ing awesome.

The subway still always smells like piss though, and it's either 150F during the summer and -150F in the winter. :laugh:

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Oh yeah, I grew up just south of NYC and have been countless times. It's gross, but when you have a ton of money there aren't many places like it on Earth. Same sorta thing goes for LA, Vegas or Chicago. Pretty ****ty as a normal dude, but as a rich dude, ****ing awesome.

The subway still always smells like piss though, and it's either 150F during the summer and -150F in the winter. :laugh:
I don't know what its like having money in any city ... including where I live now. hah

NYI 5-1 jeeez they are smoking toronto.
Jackets Flyers 2-2, watch them both get points.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad