OT: Around the NHL - The dash to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
The Devils can get to 99 points and pass us with a win Thursday and a loss to the Senators Friday. We’d only have 98. Only positive is that we hold the tiebreaker against every team we are fighting against.
Don’t forget, we also are the only team with Tom Freaking Kuhnhackl!

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Ryan Adams would Fix It. If he could.

tumblr_nrcfg7Md971uxld5bo1_500.gif

Reactions: SirBrad

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Pretty brutal goalie interference call unless I missed something. Watched the replay a few times. Any contact was incidental because the puck was loose and didn't really prevent Lu from making a save.

Reactions: BHD

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm really not trying to feed into the doom and gloom. I don't feel that way. And the Penguins are B2B defending champs, of course. But why WOULDN'T a team that looks to be hot at the right time want a piece of the Penguins? They've been playing uninspired hockey for over a month, despite their record.

I'm not at all saying it's gonna work out that way going into the post season. It's tough not to believe in these guys. But I sure don't have a sense that ANY team is dreading a matchup with the Penguins. They have a wounded animal look about them. Which, obviously, I hope the Penguins exploit to the fullest.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm really not trying to feed into the doom and gloom. I don't feel that way. And the Penguins are B2B defending champs, of course. But why WOULDN'T a team that looks to be hot at the right time want a piece of the Penguins? They've been playing uninspired hockey for over a month, despite their record.

I'm not at all saying it's gonna work out that way going into the post season. It's tough not to believe in these guys. But I sure don't have a sense that ANY team is dreading a matchup with the Penguins. They have a wounded animal look about them. Which, obviously, I hope the Penguins exploit to the fullest.

Because the Penguins can play like that and still easily win a series as Columbus has realized two times in the last four years.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I live/work in the Philadelphia area.. One of our vendors gave us box tickets to tomorrows Flyers game against Carolina.. I am excited because I've never had box seats before..

So go Carolina I guess? or do we as a team want the Flyers to win? haha

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I live/work in the Philadelphia area.. One of our vendors gave us box tickets to tomorrows Flyers game against Carolina.. I am excited because I've never had box seats before..

Never.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Panarin is going to be a difference maker for Jackets in playoffs. It's going to be a hell of a series if Pens-Jackets play again.
isn't it funny that we had this argument going who won the trade: Saad vs Panarin, how hard was to see that panarin is in a different class....

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
isn't it funny that we had this argument going who won the trade: Saad vs Panarin, how hard was to see that panarin is in a different class....

I don't think there was enough tape to determine what kind of player Panarin was since he was next to Kane. I think there was consensus he was a talented player but Saad was a more rounded guy.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't think Saad is a bad player. Far from it. And I think he'll bounce back from a down year...

*looks up stats*

HOLY SHIT A REALLY DOWN YEAR WHAT HAPPENED?!?

Ahem... anyway... but it was pretty clear to me Panarin was the bigger talent. I know Chicago was in cap hell but I feel like they should have done a lot more to try holding on to him.

Reactions: Shady Machine

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I don't think Saad is a bad player. Far from it. And I think he'll bounce back from a down year...

*looks up stats*

HOLY **** A REALLY DOWN YEAR WHAT HAPPENED?!?

Ahem... anyway... but it was pretty clear to me Panarin was the bigger talent. I know Chicago was in cap hell but I feel like they should have done a lot more to try holding on to him.

I've said this before, but Chicago waaaaaay over-corrected after a disappointing 1st round exit (and having the best record in the West last year). Yea make some moves on the margins to improve your team but they shipped out some big names and they also fired an asst plus their AHL HC. Major over reaction

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Let's try to keep playoff talk (or at least breakdowns of their opponents) to the playoff thread. Thanks!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah, but Dumo, Maatta and Schultz are all better than Savard, Johnson, Cole and Navaadan or however you spell it.

I think you're underestimating Savard. He's a really good defensive defenseman. And as bad as you're making the rest of their defense seem, I don't think they have a pairing as weak as Hunwick/Oleksiak.

Last year we crushed them so hard they had to split up Jones and Werenski.

We crushed Bobrovsky. How much better would their "defense" have looked if he could actually save a shot? They outshot us badly that series. The difference was Fleury played outstanding and our offense capitalized on literally every scoring chance they got.

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I3GOzE.gif

Reactions: ncm7772 and BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes