OT: Around the NHL - The dash to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Pens control if they get the 2hd seed or not, not other teams. If we had to rely upon them to lose, then yeah. Unless of course your confidence in them is shaky.

I am worried...but mostly about Murray. Still, we’re not winning the Cup every year...hard to be disappointed as others say if they don’t get there...I don’t want to see them lose badly in the first round though like CHI did...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I am worried...but mostly about Murray. Still, we’re not winning the Cup every year...hard to be disappointed as others say if they don’t get there...I don’t want to see them lose badly in the first round though like CHI did...

The Penguins will bring back mostly the same team next year, so if they don't win this year they'll still have a good chance in 2019. They aren't yet in a situation like Chicago where they are in cap hell.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Even though the Devils are fast, I’m pretty sure I’d rather play them than CBJ. They are likely much easier to gameplan around in a 7 game series. Plus I’m not going to bank on Kinkaid having the Pens number in an actual series.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Anyone notice how the unbeatable monster that is the Columbus Blue Jackets gave up a combined 9 goals in their last two games against non-playoff teams?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'm actually mad about how Detroit played in that overtime. Less than zero effort.

Thursday remains a huge game.
Good, that forces the Pens to bring their A game. I'll be very curious to see what they'll do.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Anyone notice how the unbeatable monster that is the Columbus Blue Jackets gave up a combined 9 goals in their last two games against non-playoff teams?

I’m pretty sure Tomas Vanek will win the Smythe this year.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Columbus still has us and Nashville.
New Jersey has Toronto and Washington.

Could see both these teams losing out. Total guess on my part, but if we can get at least a point on Thursday, we should be able to get the 2nd or 3rd seed.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Even though the Devils are fast, I’m pretty sure I’d rather play them than CBJ. They are likely much easier to gameplan around in a 7 game series. Plus I’m not going to bank on Kinkaid having the Pens number in an actual series.

Can't bank on Bob either.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It shows a lot of resilience on their part, but they're also putting themselves behind the eight ball early on in those games. I doubt that sort of thing will be very successful against us however.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I know it's different years, different teams, etc., but I just don't want anything to do with NJD in the playoffs, regular season notwithstanding.

Reactions: ETA

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Columbus still has us and Nashville.
New Jersey has Toronto and Washington.

Could see both these teams losing out. Total guess on my part, but if we can get at least a point on Thursday, we should be able to get the 2nd or 3rd seed.

However, NSH, TOR and the Caps have nothing to play for...we do

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Nashville certainly will if they lose tonight. And it looks that way. They lose out, they could lose the division and the Presidents Cup.

They play Washington and Columbus. I don’t see Washington going into full tank mode and Columbus is playing for seeding.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
Better bust ass. CBJ will be psychotic to play.
View media item 1783
I know they haven't lost much lately but really how many quality wins do you see in there. 3 maybe 4? the first two which they got severely outshot and their goaltenders stood on their head? How good is this CBJ team really. I dunno

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Oh and by the way, LOL @ the Flyers. They -should- win out as their last 2 games are against Carolina and NYR, but they probably should have won tonight too. So those games might not be gimmies for them.

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
View media item 1783
I know they haven't lost much lately but really how many quality wins do you see in there. 3 maybe 4? the first two which they got severely outshot and their goaltenders stood on their head? How good is this CBJ team really. I dunno

Their record says they are just as good as the Pens....

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
View media item 1783
I'm guessing you don't want to look at our results over the last month either. We've been much worse than that.

Reactions: Ryder71

Apr 9, 2009
USA
View media item 1783

I think they've looked like the best team in the league since the deadline. I've watched most of their games since then for what it's worth.

I would love to be wrong, but it's just what my eyes have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA