OT: Around the NHL - The dash to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
I think they've looked like the best team in the league since the deadline. I've watched most of their games since then for what it's worth.

I would love to be wrong, but it's just what my eyes have seen.
You haven't been watching enough of Boston then.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Playoffs are about matchups. If you don’t have ridiculous depth you probably aren’t beating the Penguins rolling out Crosby, Malkin, Brassard and Kessel. Tampa, Boston, Nashville and maybe Winnipeg are the teams with ridiculous depth to me.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Playoffs are about matchups. If you don’t have ridiculous depth you probably aren’t beating the Penguins rolling out Crosby, Malkin, Brassard and Kessel. Tampa, Boston, Nashville and maybe Winnipeg are the teams with ridiculous depth to me.

The BJs have a lot of depth, particularly on defense. They can roll a very good fourth line, better than ours. Their issue, goaltending aside, is that their top players are not anywhere near the quality of the Pens, nor their center depth...

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The BJs have a lot of depth, particularly on defense. They can roll a very good fourth line, better than ours. Their issue, goaltending aside, is that their top players are not anywhere near the quality of the Pens, nor their center depth...

They have a lot of adequate depth but fourth line and defense aside their depth quality is not even close. Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Brassard, Hornqvist, Guentzel, Rust against Panarin, Atkinson, Vanek, Dubois, Bjorkstrand, Wennberg, Foligno is extremely lopsided. Jones and Werenski is their main advantage, assuming Murray is decent.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
vLi25RL.png

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Stupid Detroit. If there was one game I was hoping they could hold a 4-1 lead, it was tonight's.

At least the Isles did us a favor.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Nashville losing along with the Jets winning and Boston still having a shot is huge for us.

Boston goes 3-0-0 then Nashville has to go 1-o-1 to tie for the Presidents Cup.

Nashville plays Columbus last so it looks like either way they will have to play Columbus at full strength to get home ice through out.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nashville losing along with the Jets winning and Boston still having a shot is huge for us.

Nashville plays Columbus last so it looks like either way they will have to play Columbus at full strength to get home ice through out.
Why is Nashville trying tie for a Golf tourney?

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I'd rather the Pens just take care of business against Columbus on Thursday rather than worry about other teams doing their work for them.

If the Pens beat Columbus in regulation on Thursday and they've clinched 2nd, regardless of what the Metro teams do the rest of the way.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I'd rather the Pens just take care of business against Columbus on Thursday rather than worry about other teams doing their work for them.

If the Pens beat Columbus in regulation on Thursday and they've clinched 2nd, regardless of what the Metro teams do the rest of the way.

The Devils can get to 99 points and pass us with a win Thursday and a loss to the Senators Friday. We’d only have 98. Only positive is that we hold the tiebreaker against every team we are fighting against.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Devils can get to 99 points and pass us with a win Thursday and a loss to the Senators Friday. We’d only have 98. Only positive is that we hold the tiebreaker against every team we are fighting against.

I keep forgetting about them. I was just focusing on Columbus and Philly.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Holy hell that that call on Nashville was bad. Add another to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany