OT: Around the NHL - The dash to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I have no problem with any of this, ALTHOUGH if 9th in the conference Florida loses, it puts the Pens closer to securing a playoff spot.

That is true. Florida is the only team that can knock a team out of the playoffs. That would also most likely be a metro team. Since the Metro has maximum playoff spots owning both wildcards.

But, if CBJ wins, they are closer to getting home ice if we have to play them. I'm worried about the penguins in away games, especially against CBJ even though it's right next to Pittsburgh.

Reactions: BHD

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That is true. Florida is the only team that can knock a team out of the playoffs. That would also most likely be a metro team. Since the Metro has maximum playoff spots owning both wildcards.

But, if CBJ wins, they are closer to getting home ice if we have to play them. I'm worried about the penguins in away games, especially against CBJ even though it's right next to Pittsburgh.

It would be so much simpler IF the Pens could take care of business against New Jersey. But, they'd have to care instead of just saying dey care. ;)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It would be so much simpler IF the Pens could take care of business against New Jersey. But, they'd have to care instead of just saying dey care. ;)
Well, Dev's tomorrow and next thursday, with Philly Sunday and Detroit in there on Tuesday. 3 out of 4 games may be rough, heck, maybe even Detroit will be a rough game knowing this team.
But at least there are no back to backs for any of these games.

The next four are back to backs though, ugh. MTL WSH, CBJ OTT.

Reactions: BHD

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Flyers up early....

We play the Isles and lose, failing to solve Gibson....TB plays the Isles and are up two goals in four minutes and Kunitz was there...go figure

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
2nd time this game Florida skated right up the middle and almost got a clean breakaway against CBJ defense. Literally just skating right up the gut. Nothing special.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone watching CBJ? Those are two teams that need pts, but is it a good game? Philly game is good so far but NYR dont really matter. Wondering which to watch.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Anyone watching CBJ? Those are two teams that need pts, but is it a good game? Philly game is good so far but NYR dont really matter. Wondering which to watch.

First 5 minutes were crazy fast and hungry. Rest has been sloppy. Sloppy defense by both teams. Some good stuff. Nothing special. I think Bob looks shaky.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
First 5 minutes were crazy fast and hungry. Rest has been sloppy. Sloppy defense by both teams. Some good stuff. Nothing special. I think Bob looks shaky.

I was watching both together for a minute. I'd rather watch cbj fla. Way more meaning.

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
So the Islanders have been getting smoked by everybody and of course they beat us easily. Wtf???

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Lightning are coming out of their lull. There was a month or so where they were sloppy and didn't play a full 60.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So the Islanders have been getting smoked by everybody and of course they beat us easily. Wtf???

The most annoying part of having so much sustained success is that nobody ever takes a game off against you.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The most annoying part of having so much sustained success is that nobody ever takes a game off against you.

Everyone wants to beat up the Champs, even though it's most likely not the same -full- team. But still, it inspires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad