OT: Around the NHL - The dash to the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Dustin Brown 4 goals? What year is this?

That whole Kings team looks like they turned back the clock a few years. Wouldnt be shocked if they made a run.

We didnt get to face the Kings in 93 for the 3peat..

Reactions: Shady Machine

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's pretty cool that the game on Saturday between the Blues and Avs will settle who gets the 8th seed. Both teams seem to not want the spot, as both are stumbling into the final game. But I guess since they're playing each other, one of them has to win. :laugh:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
It's pretty cool that the game on Saturday between the Blues and Avs will settle who gets the 8th seed. Both teams seem to not want the spot, as both are stumbling into the final game. But I guess since they're playing each other, one of them has to win. :laugh:

Both would lose to the Preds but Id rather see the Blues. Theyre at least a physical team who could win a few games. Avs have one line and thats it, especially with Johnson and Varlamov out. Would be a horrible series.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'd rather the Avs for MacKinnon's Hart chances.

Going to Hall at this point. Mack slowed down and Avs are backing in, if they do get there.

Hall has it locked. Not only are the Devils one of the hottest teams, Hall has been scoring in every game.

Mack had a run like that too, but slowed down at the worst time. Thats what theyll look at. Rantenen is also much closer to him in points than Hischier is to Hall.

Good to see two more former #1 picks playing at an elite level tho. Only been what..one miss since the lockout? Yakupov.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wow what a moment. Crowd is white hot. Perfect.

And I love when opposing players stick around for the moment. Good on them.
There's no way an OEL led team isn't going to honor the two most influential Swedish NHL'ers in the NHL, even all time for his generation.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Blues have no excuse.

Avs are trying to do it with Bernier now that Varlamov is done.

Mack is that team's MVP, but Varlamov is an insanely close 2nd.

Reactions: ColePens

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Earlier in the season. Doesnt mean it would have lasted all year, with an unproven goalie.

Fleury kept them in(and carried them) in many of the games when he returned.

You said they may not have made the playoffs without him. They are in the playoffs by 15 points and have been comfortably in a spot most, if not all of the season. Fleury has been a difference maker for them, no doubt, but they are a playoff team without Fleury based on their play this year.

Also, Subban is 13-4-2 with a 2.68 and .910 SV%. Guess the team was doing just fine with him as starter.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I mean we say this every year. At some point they have to win. :laugh:

To be fair, Raanta is 16-5-4 since Jan 1st. 1.83 GAA and .942SV%. More of that is needed for them to do well. That and scoring. Best over 20 games + in that span in both GAA and SV.

Arizona are 20-13-7 in that span too. 18th in the league. Their bad start is what killed them. 96 points over a whole season on their 2018 pace. Would have put them in WC2.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
To be fair, Raanta is 16-5-4 since Jan 1st. 1.83 GAA and .942SV%. More of that is needed for them to do well. That and scoring. Best over 20 games + in that span in both GAA and SV.

Arizona are 20-13-7 in that span too. 18th in the league. Their bad start is what killed them. 96 points over a whole season on their 2018 pace. Would have put them in WC2.

And theyre in a position still to get another top pick. If they can hit a homerun with that pick (hopefully win the lottery)...they should be a fun team to watch

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Their bad start was also due to Raanta’s injury.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
AR is a fantastic goalie, the Yotes did good with that trade and signing him to a 3yr deal and not something crazy like a 5yr one that people seem to love doing for goalies at random.

The Coyotes have also been much better in 2018 vs the start of the season, it takes time to wash the stink off a long tenured coach with a new one. I wish we could get Tocchet back as our AC, but I think they'll hang on to him for at least another season or two.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

That's understandable though, that start. New coach, new system, changes to the roster, etc. Coyotes being good would be a nice story to see next year.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

And a new coach plus bunch of young guys. I'm not convinced they are what they've been since January, but they also aren't historically bad like they were to start the year. Their goal should be a playoff bubble team next year.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad