OT: Around the NHL: Talk about a barn burner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

giphy.gif

Man, what an organization to literally be able to say that. Take a look Detroit. You can do it, too!

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Whoever the next Rags captain is better plan on ending up in Tampa.

Or just buy a "vacation home" fully furnished and ready to live in and also pre-register in all of the schools now.

Yzerman is 100% down to trade away any future assets he has just to get that cup, that's a very dangerous GM during trade deadline. He can literally f*** up the asking price for everything by setting some sort of moronic baseline for players he goes after. He's desperate, his team started hot, looked like the team to beat, then it started to struggle, Kucherov hasn't scored in a while, Stamkos hasn't been producing as well as the start, defense looks weaker, goaltending not as rock solid...He's going to go after some big name guys to shore up his team, that worries me. Not because he's going to get a stronger team, but because he's going to just mess it up for anyone else that might be wanting to make some deals too without getting raked over the coals by the other team.

Not that Yzerman should care will will care.

Last edited:
Reactions: SirBrad

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Doubt Sprong ever scores a goal like what Kapanen did last night.

2 years ago Kapanen was a perimeter sniper that looked scared to compete for pucks and take a hit. He's changed a lot since we traded him, no reason to think Sprong couldn't do a similar thing if we needed him to.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Man, what an organization to literally be able to say that. Take a look Detroit. You can do it, too!

Amen, man. Amen. That's the way to retool. I agree completely. Don't go all-in looking for 8th just to keep losing in the first round.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If you have access to NHLN radio on SiriusXM, give a listen to the 3pm hour with Patrick O'Sullivan as one of the hosts. He is refreshing because he never holds back on any topic, on any player. Lots of times you have ex-players treading a very PC line when it comes to players, but not Patrick.

Today's first topic, Alex Burrows, Patrick went off. What a reprehensible individual he is, according to what O'Sullivan had to say.

"He is a garbage human being. With what he does, and what he says. He has brought up to me on the ice, being abused as a child. To Jordan Tootoo, who's brother committed suicide, Burrows told him, 'he made the right decision', 'how do you think the gun tasted in his mouth'. He goes up to players that have family members that have cancer, and says, 'I hope they die'. He is a *******. I have talked to a lot of ex-players, and they all know it. The only people that will ever support him are people in Vancouver on twitter that have no name and no picture. He does nothing honorable. He will never stand up and fight for himself. The only time he will fight is if gets a player tired at the very end of their shift, or a player from behind. He won't fight. I have tried to fight in when I see him in public, but he won't.

During one summer, he jumped into an adult league game, and beat up a goalie who was just there for a skate. That's the type of person he is. He does nothing honorable, in what he says and what he does."

Truly a POS if that's all true.

I wanted to touch on this because "chirping" was a part of my game. I am... disgusted a human being would take that route. There was always an unwritten law in the sport I love about how to chirp. You say some messed up stuff but you always said it to the individual. Family members or anything else like that are 100% off limits. There is no reason for that. I'm utterly ashamed and disgusted reading that.

Chirping is awesome in hockey. The art of chirping is beautiful. It's not about saying tough guy stuff. It's about saying such off the wall stuff that you get the opponent thinking. I can't even begin to write some things here because it's not suitable for the website. But NEVER was it about what this guy did.

If those things were being said, the NHL needs to take on a rule of suspending players for such things. That's disgusting and no part of the game. 10+ game suspensions if that stuff was ever mouthed. It's embarrassing and sickening.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I’m pretty sure Ottawa’s Kyle Turris tribute was longer than Fleury’s. They at least showed the tribute the whole time with Turris’s face/reaction in PiP.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Islanders down 2-0 to the Sabres after 1. Have a hard time seeing that holding up. Pens could sure use an Islanders loss to prove a little bit of breathing room between the teams as they even up on games played.

Flyers and Devils both 0-0 after 1 in their games.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sledging in cricket is an art form, especially between England and the Aussies. Some of the stuff is legendary.

Yep! Played cricket and man there are some good sledgers out there. I wasn’t too fussed as I knew I wasn’t a great batsmen. I got my revenge when I bowled though :)

My team had some of the better sledgers around. Usually pretty funny and entertaining. Everyone knew the boundaries though.

Reactions: Clare2904

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sledging in cricket is an art form, especially between England and the Aussies. Some of the stuff is legendary.

In a World Cup the Aussies were in danger of not progressing past the group matches and had to beat a really good South African team.

Steve Waugh (the Aussie captain) was playing well and a South African dropped a catch. He walked passed and said “you just dropped the World Cup” (or something to that effect). Australia advanced and knocked South Africa out in the semis (on the way to win the cup).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce