OT: Around the NHL: Talk about a barn burner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
The coyotes are hard to watch.1/3 of the players shouldn't be in NHL.1/3 are playing over their heads.1/3 having a down year. Tocchet isn't a capable HC.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I hear you. I just have nightmares about 2012 whenever I think about the 2012 playoffs.

Yeah that was a roller coaster of emotions. Better team, goalie, coach since that series.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
The coyotes are hard to watch.1/3 of the players shouldn't be in NHL.1/3 are playing over their heads.1/3 having a down year. Tocchet isn't a capable HC.

Domi looks like a guy that just doesn’t want to be there

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Rangers fell hard, they went from a perennial playoff team to possibly blowing it all up.. would love to have Kreider or Zuccarello on this team.. or for shorter term, Grabner.

Reactions: SirBrad

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Rangers fell hard, they went from a perennial playoff team to possibly blowing it all up.. would love to have Kreider or Zuccarello on this team.. or for shorter term, Grabner.

How is Kreider? I know he was out indefinitely with blood clot issues? Is this a long term possible retirement thing?

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
How is Kreider? I know he was out indefinitely with blood clot issues? Is this a long term possible retirement thing?

from what i read from some Rangers fans, he's supposed to make full recovery and its not supposed to effect him going forward..but who knows. Still though, he'd be perfect in our system. Doubt the Rangers would trade him to us..

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If our roster is better I don’t care who we play. We’ll beat them all.

You seriously think that after watching 50+ games of this team this season? This entire team reminds me of when we got Morrow and Iginla, that no matter who we get, that staff is going to f*** it up because pride is getting in the way of a lot of things, despite a solid stretch as of late.

The roster is less of an issue over how our entire coaching staff has conducted themselves. I think if we face any playoff bound team in the east right now, we'd likely get the worst of a 7 game series, likely going to 7 and having a lot of questions that need to be answered during a quick summer.

Our coaching staff seems to prioritize being stubborn over rationale.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Philly is not a scary team lol. They have two lines and Elliott in net. Not to mention Johnston part 2 behind the bench.

My honest question - have you watched them play?

They are a dangerous floater. Some nights they look so fast and skilled. Some nights they look like a complete and utter waste. They are the definition of inconsistent and their roller coaster streaks show for it. They are the one team in our division that really caught my eye on many nights watching hockey. They play with really nice speed.

I'm not saying they are a Cup contender, but if they made a miracle run (through a round or two), it wouldn't shock me at all. It also wouldn't shock me if they fell apart. That team is wild.

Reactions: BHD

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
You seriously think that after watching 50+ games of this team this season? This entire team reminds me of when we got Morrow and Iginla, that no matter who we get, that staff is going to **** it up because pride is getting in the way of a lot of things, despite a solid stretch as of late.

The roster is less of an issue over how our entire coaching staff has conducted themselves. I think if we face any playoff bound team in the east right now, we'd likely get the worst of a 7 game series, likely going to 7 and having a lot of questions that need to be answered during a quick summer.

Our coaching staff seems to prioritize being stubborn over rationale.
I almost had to Google who the coach was because after reading this I thought it was Bylsma

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Giroux (16) - Couturier (27) - Konecny (13)
Voracek (11) - Patrick (5) - Simmonds (18)
Raffl (9) - Laughton (8) - Weal (7)
Lehtera (0) - Filppula (10) - Weise (4)

They have balanced scoring up front, and get secondary scoring from the back end (20 goals between Provorov and Ghost). They're dangerous.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad