OT: Around the NHL: Talk about a barn burner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Continue...

As for Karlsson, it's crazy seeing a guy go from a shutdown centre to a white-hot scorer.

Yeah shooting at 6.3% in 16/17 to 25.9% now sure has helped.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Nice to see Fleury and the Knights help us out last night.

Also, what a stretch Fleury is having at the moment
GP - 12
GS - 12
W - 9
L - 2
OTL - 1
SV% - 0.945
GAA - 1.73
SO - 2

and those stats include that loss against the Red Wings where he suffered his concussion and allowed 6 goals on 27 shots

Reactions: Shady Machine

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Continue...

As for Karlsson, it's crazy seeing a guy go from a shutdown centre to a white-hot scorer.

I didn't expect him to be this good in this role, but he was the guy who I was on record wanting JR to pony up to get over the summer.

Too bad if GMGM even were willing that it would've taken an overpayment that would seem like a gross underpayment now.

I just remember the job he did on Sid during the opening round in last year's playoffs. Torts moved him to cover Sid, and that guy (and his line) is why Sid and the kids looked like crap as the series wore on.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I didn't expect him to be this good in this role, but he was the guy who I was on record wanting JR to pony up to get over the summer.

Too bad if GMGM even were willing that it would've taken an overpayment that would seem like a gross underpayment now.

I just remember the job he did on Sid during the opening round in last year's playoffs. Torts moved him to cover Sid, and that guy (and his line) is why Sid and the kids looked like crap as the series wore on.
Thank god he is not in Columbus anymore. That´s all I say. More than that, Vegas is so easy to root for. What a story. They were considered to be at Arizona/Buffalo level..

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Thank god he is not in Columbus anymore. That´s all I say. More than that, Vegas is so easy to root for. What a story. They were considered to be at Arizona/Buffalo level..

I'm not sure Torts necessarily would've given him the chance that Gallant has.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
JVR with a nice deflection, but he looks like he can barely skate tonight. If he injured? Or is he losing some skating ability?

Nice deflection, though.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can also see why Marner ends up in the dog house a lot. He has some shifts that make me scratch my head. He chooses to stay out of everything.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
JVR with a nice deflection, but he looks like he can barely skate tonight. If he injured? Or is he losing some skating ability?

Nice deflection, though.
He's broke his foot once and fractured it again not so long ago, I wonder how much that has hurt his skating, remember when Whitney had that issue with his heels? Same with Forsberg and his feet. It starts somewhere.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Btw.. Matthews does sick work by holding the puck on his skate and throwing a 1 timer on purpose pass with stepping on the puck. Easy to do in the corner, but in the middle of the slot while NHL defenders are hitting you.. NO. Not at all.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Btw.. Matthews does sick work by holding the puck on his skate and throwing a 1 timer on purpose pass with stepping on the puck. Easy to do in the corner, but in the middle of the slot while NHL defenders are hitting you.. NO. Not at all.

I made the mistake of saying he reminded me of Getzlaf in a thread with Leafs fans, because anything short of some insane comparison is angering to them, but man the way he plays reminds me of a mix of Benn/Getzlaf, not mean or snarly like those two, but in the thick bodied (Bob Errey is moist with that phrasing) kind of way with shielding the puck and being a bull.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I made the mistake of saying he reminded me of Getzlaf in a thread with Leafs fans, because anything short of some insane comparison is angering to them, but man the way he plays reminds me of a mix of Benn/Getzlaf, not mean or snarly like those two, but in the thick bodied (Bob Errey is moist with that phrasing) kind of way with shielding the puck and being a bull.

#1 response:

You mean Gretzky?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
All of a sudden, NHL officiating is terrible because it (supposedly) cost the Leafs a game.

News flash: it's been this way for years.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Imagine we did that Pouliot for Kesler deal? LOL! make up for that Naslund deal.
What was that deal?

I think it was Sutter + Pouliot and something else for Ryan Kesler?

Kesler is a piece of shit though, so I am ok with how that all worked out. We got Bones and he was good part of the back 2 backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad