OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
That Hoffman thread on the main board has taken a rather creepy turn lately. More recent posts have suggested Hoffman's fiance is innocent and this is a smear-job by Karlsson's wife. I think one poster even has a picture of Hoffman's fiance on his/her avatar.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
It was better for like three months after the 04-05 lockout.

So yes...I can say it DID improve. At one point. For very little.

Lol.

I just think, they either need to delete goaltender interference or increase the size of the...um...crease...and go back to no offensive players allowed in it.

And really figure their **** out on elbows up, jumping off ice, head shot "checking." Kick players out and suspend them.

And you know, if a stick comes up above a waistline, penalty.

Just call more penalties. Yes. It slows games down. But it's so inconsistent it's actively hurting the ability to watch.

We've dealt with crappy officiating a lot. But I'm losing my interest in NHL and it seems to be a large component.

Maybe I'm just a crybaby though lol.

I’m the eyes of the league, I don’t think it “improved”. They couldn’t stand the lack of contact in the crease so they stopped calling interference there. They have stuck to cutting down on interference at the blue line (at least it hasn’t regressed back to pre-lockout). Yeah, everyone recognizes they need to fix goaltender interference and it will be interesting to see how they do it. They also need to come Out of the 1970s and get rid of all hits to the head and not have a class of legal hits to the head.

To fix refereeing, you’ve got to eliminate the inbred “even it up” mentality. Until that happens, the refereeing will be hopelessly inconsistent.

Reactions: EightyOne

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Interesting. Tippett seems like the ideal coach for an expansion team. Plus, they're bound to have some talent if the draft is similar to the one held for Vegas.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm really happy Caps lost Trotz, but i hope he doesn't go to another metro team like the NYI.

Trotz would turnaround that team because they do have talent.

Reactions: domaug

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm happy the Caps lost Trotz because that's a massive blow for them to be able to repeat next season. Imagine if they get another dunce like Hunter, they'll take a massive step back.

Reactions: domaug

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
If you're the Caps how do you not just give that guy a blank check after this. Weird. I'll take it though, hopefully they suffer for it.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Chris Johnston said their are teams that would fire their coach to hire Trotz, so maybe it will be another team besides NYI that will get Trotz.

He will probably be one of the highest payed coaches, so it would need to be a team that isn't afraid to spend money.

Philly and Buffalo makes sense to me.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Chris Johnston said their are teams that would fire their coach to hire Trotz, so maybe it will be another team besides NYI that will get Trotz.

He will probably be one of the highest payed coaches, so it would need to be a team that isn't afraid to spend money.

Philly and Buffalo makes sense to me.

Philly would be a bummer.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If you're the Caps how do you not just give that guy a blank check after this. Weird. I'll take it though, hopefully they suffer for it.

Apparently it was in his contract that if he won the Cup he automatically got a 2 year extension with a 300K raise. If he didn't accept those terms, he had to resign. I'm not sure if the Caps could have voided that contract and wrote a new one, but it seems like that's why Trotz resigned.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Todd Reirden is a huge weirdo. He doesn’t seem like a head coach type.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If NYI can't find a deal for Tavares and allows Toronto to talk to him (which I think they can, right? He's UFA, they can speak to him but can't come to an agreement legally until July 1st?) I wonder if Matthews then wants out.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Tippet has joined the Seattle group as an advisor. Link
Does this mean we're now roughly two years out from a team in Seattle and a balanced league? If they're not the Kraken, I will be disappointed.

Kraken has the potential to be one of the best Jersey/logo in the league.

Or one of the worst.

Reactions: DegenX

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Trotz is out?! Yo. Did not expect that or did I? POS toxic organization, which he knows will call for his head if he doesn't keep that team focused for a repeat.
Or he is going for the money.
Or he just wants to get out of DC. I didn't enjoy DC / NOVA / MA too much when I lived there. Unless you have a few hundred grand to live in Edgewater / Riva MD. The place is beyond beautiful and has bay boat access.
Maybe he just does not want to play the Penguins again and lose to them as a capital :sarcasm:

I bet JTav is next to walk away. Why in holy hell would he ever stay with the Isles. Total waste of his career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad