OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Did anyone see this? Geez Ottawa is a mess. Good on them for suspending him swiftly I suppose.

https://www.tsn.ca/senators-suspend-assistant-gm-lee-1.1114169

OTTAWA — The Ottawa Senators have suspended assistant general manager Randy Lee, who is facing a harassment charge from an incident during the NHL's pre-draft scouting combine in Buffalo earlier this month.

Lee is charged with second-degree harassment after allegedly making lewd comments and rubbing the shoulders of a 19-year-old male hotel shuttle driver in Buffalo on May 30. He has pled not guilty and is due in court on July 6.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Swiftly? It took almost 3 weeks. It's amazing how poorly that franchise is run. I feel for their fans.

Well, at first it was allegations, now it's been filed right?

Not everyone behaves like show business where the moment you are accused, whether evidence or not, your career is swiftly destroyed and you are castrated by the media. The NHL seems to have some semblance of "oh wait, let's see what the court says first with actually having charges filed."

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Well, at first it was allegations, now it's been filed right?

Not everyone behaves like show business where the moment you are accused, whether evidence or not, your career is swiftly destroyed and you are castrated by the media. The NHL seems to have some semblance of "oh wait, let's see what the court says first with actually having charges filed."

I see your point, but I don't think it would be out of place at all for a business to suspend an employee who's the subject of a criminal investigation, particularly when the allegation is such an embarrassing one.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I see your point, but I don't think it would be out of place at all for a business to suspend an employee who's the subject of a criminal investigation, particularly when the allegation is such an embarrassing one.
But it's also more embarrassing to find out if the person accusing is doing it for money, which is why you wait until charges are laid and the evidence is a no brainer to do it so you, as a company, can free yourself from a lawsuit thanks to libel.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Hartford would be fine too. Just not Ottawa.
I mean no offense to Canada, but if your only options are Ottawa or Quebec City, then I'd rather just see another US City team that once had one, get one again.

My biggest gripe with the Canadiens is that they have this pro-francophone agenda with their management hires, it's ridiculous, like they would seriously rather hire someone that is francophone instead of a highly successful or great management person that could make that team 100x better.

I would hope if QC wanted a team, they wouldn't push that narrative with their hiring practice.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't think that's something that really happens.

See: P.Kane's accuser, Roethlisberger's accuser, and various other "assault for extortion" cases.

Teams wait until facts are completely out first before they make their move. I mean if someone did something stupid, partly, sure you see some punishment, but if it's severe, adios.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
See: P.Kane's accuser, Roethlisberger's accuser, and various other "assault for extortion" cases.

Teams wait until facts are completely out first before they make their move. I mean if someone did something stupid, partly, sure you see some punishment, but if it's severe, adios.
We just go out and call Patty Kane and fathead (Ben) rapists, anyway. It’s the thing to do.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Less whateveryouwannacallit and more NHL talk. Please stay on topic. Thanks!

Reactions: BHD

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
No, it'll be even worse.

I really don't get how everyone/media is glossing over it.

I'd take the NFL's scab refs they used over these f***ers the NHL is allowing out there.

The bored dude paid in free ice time in a rec league is better.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Would it surprise anyone if the Senators didn't look into this issue with Karlsson and Hoffman months ago because Melnyk was too cheap to spend any money on investigating it?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Has it in your time ever improved when it's been bad?

Answer is no. It never has.

It was better for like three months after the 04-05 lockout.

So yes...I can say it DID improve. At one point. For very little.

Lol.

I just think, they either need to delete goaltender interference or increase the size of the...um...crease...and go back to no offensive players allowed in it.

And really figure their shit out on elbows up, jumping off ice, head shot "checking." Kick players out and suspend them.

And you know, if a stick comes up above a waistline, penalty.

Just call more penalties. Yes. It slows games down. But it's so inconsistent it's actively hurting the ability to watch.

We've dealt with crappy officiating a lot. But I'm losing my interest in NHL and it seems to be a large component.

Maybe I'm just a crybaby though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad