OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Boedker didn’t last long in SJ, huh. He was considered such a coup for them.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
It's a good trade for the Sharks if you ignore the baggage, but that's why he was traded in the first place... On ice, he's not as good as Tavares, but he gives them a shot in the arm. Plus, they aren't handing him a bring contract either.

And yeah, Boedker wasn't anything special. The Sharks wanted to add speed after losing to the Pens, and that's about all he brings.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Until Hoffman's fiancee is proved not guilty of cyberbullying, I bet it's going to be super awkward for Hoffman in the locker room.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Would have to say that if San Jose get Tavares and are able to re-sign the players out of contract, they'd be heavily tipped to do well in the West.

I...what Florida?

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sens are becoming more and more incompetent by the second.

I'm really not seeing how this move is that bad for him, after seeing what Hoffman was actually traded for. You can probably pull off a 2nd and 4th for Boedker in the future, especially if he repeats what he did last year (pace of 40 points).

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I'm really not seeing how this move is that bad for him, after seeing what Hoffman was actually traded for. You can probably pull off a 2nd and 4th for Boedker in the future, especially if he repeats what he did last year (pace of 40 points).

I'd have rather have the picks now. Though I guess Ottawa's goal is to make sure they don't hand Avs a top 3 pick next year.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Lmao if I'm Hoffman im doing everything I can to prove my innocence.

If he doesnt or it comes out his GF did it.

Hes going to have a rough rest of his career and beyond in the hockey community.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If i had to pick a team right now that i think will finish in last place in the League next year it would be Ottawa.

And the Sens don't even have their first round pick next year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I have yet to see an actual reason for why Ottawa did poorly on this trade, considering what Hoffman was actually traded for. It's just group think it seems like to trash on the Sens, the same way it was group think to trash on the Habs for the Domi for Galchenyuk trade.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Craziness. The Sens should of gotten better value. Sharks and Panthers made out great.

The Sens were the team in a bind. Desperate to shed Hoffman, a toxic asset, and cash.

That said, I don't follow why they didn't just deal with Florida directly.

Reactions: USMC607

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
With Hoffman, maybe Panthers will finally move into serious contention for a playoff spot. They’ve certainly got the talent. With Hoffman out of Ottawa I suspect the Karlsson thing will go away, but his gf will have an unspoken probationary period in Florida.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I predict the Panthers will make the playoffs in 2019.

Then I predict that when the Panthers have a good thing going, they will tear it down for no reason and miss the playoffs in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad