OT: Around the NHL | Summertime Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
There has to be some evidence of Caryk being horrible to them prior, as well as evidence that she wrote those things online, or else Karlsson’s wife is the crazy one.

Hoffman and his gf’s response is pretty putrid though. No empathy or attempt to play the part of a concerned friend or teammate.

Last edited:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Just wanted to let you know that most Caps fans find this stuff cringe worthy. As soon as I saw it I eye-rolled and unfollowed them.

I also wanted to note that that tweet is not from the Washington Capitals but the television station that covers them that is owned by Comcast.
I mean maybe I’m just a jerk-off, but to me at least, part of the fun in winning is sticking it into the faces of your rivals.

But yeah, especially given it is still some sort of media outlet’s official Twitter account, not to mention the Pens’ recent success and general dominance of the Caps up til this past season, it does look very amateurish.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why are they so obsessed with the Penguins?

Reminds me of the ESPN days of nothing but Detroit Colorado games.

Because they have a big thing about Sid and OV. Not to mention the Penguins were B2B champions with pretty good chance at 3peat having not been for the Trapitals...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, why would the Capitals not rub it in our faces. We got to raise a banner against them in 2017.
Uh What? Pens raised their banner vs the Blues.

They didn't raise that banner on February 2nd.

There was no mention of the Capitals after the Pens moved on in that series, the Capitals literally beat the Pens in the 2nd round and they're still chirping the Pens after beating the Bolts and the VGK as their last 2 series. That's petty, I mean its great for them they won, but you gotta be kidding yourself if that's not petty.

You'd think the Capitals just defeated the Pens in the finals or something.

Reactions: turtle27

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Again, home opener, IF Caps want to be mad, be mad at the NHL for scheduling that. What should the Pens have done? "Oh hey guys, let's not raise our banner in our home opener because caps fans are gonna be even saltier..."

Come on, you know Crosby and Malkin were giving the Caps a mouthful that night.

I don’t think a lot of teams hate each other, but the Pens and Caps are a serious contentious rivalry. I love it. Caps winning makes it even better.

Reactions: Shady Machine

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Uh What? Pens raised their banner vs the Blues.

They didn't raise that banner on February 2nd.

There was no mention of the Capitals after the Pens moved on in that series, the Capitals literally beat the Pens in the 2nd round and they're still chirping the Pens after beating the Bolts and the VGK as their last 2 series. That's petty, I mean its great for them they won, but you gotta be kidding yourself if that's not petty.

You'd think the Capitals just defeated the Pens in the finals or something.
TBL Las Vegas were not B2B defending champions.
It should come off as we beat the champions so now all is left to beat the remaining teams to prove we were the best.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Come on, you know Crosby and Malkin were giving the Caps a mouthful that night.

I don’t think a lot of teams hate each other, but the Pens and Caps are a serious contentious rivalry. I love it. Caps winning makes it even better.

Maybe for being the giant pieces of shit that they are, which is 100% deserved to them. Hell even this year, give me a f***ing break, it kills me to even trying to be nice about their win given that the DoPS took a fat giant shit all over the playoffs.

Reactions: turtle27

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
giphy.gif

Reactions: Rudy Russo

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Arizona gets a player who managed to put respectable numbers in less than ideal circumstances. The Habs get a player who couldn't deliver in a prominent role.

Domi is going to go through the same thing as Drouin did. He'll be treated as a "the guy" when he's better off as part of the supporting cast.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Arizona gets a player who managed to put respectable numbers in less than ideal circumstances. The Habs get a player who couldn't deliver in a prominent role.

Domi is going to go through the same thing as Drouin did. He'll be treated as a "the guy" when he's better off as part of the supporting cast.

People wonder why Canadian teams don’t win. Prime example.

Reactions: BHD

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
People wonder why Canadian teams don’t win. Prime example.

Put all canadian players on canadian teams and watch the rest of the league be obliterated.

How a team is ran doesn't come down to nationality.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Bergevin makes the weirdest trades. Nevermind even bothering to take into account value, he makes trades where he sends out valuable assets without actually addressing his team's needs.

Galchenyuk is an asset. Montreal needs centers. So what does he do? Trades one of his better assets for a guy better suited to being a winger.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad