NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Vegas ties it with a minute left and then proceeds to win in OT after Neal scores. Like watching this team with Goucher commentating.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Any word on the bruins getting a new scoreboard? The current one is tiny and outdated by todays standards.

It is in the budget for next summer and is budgeted for $3 million and will be full 4K. The current board was installed in 2006 and it is tired.

The Devils board that was retired was an advanced version of the one currently in the Garden.

newark.jpg

The major headache for a new board at TD is the height of the roof.

This board in Newark is a monster

The scoreboard weighs in at 88,041 pounds, covers 9,584.9 square feet and contains over 29 million SMD pixels for fans’ viewing pleasure—the equivalent of 1,300 50-inch TV sets. Comparatively, the scoreboard the Barclays Center at 3,550 and the Pepsi Center at 1,296. The four main screens are made up of 20 individual displays, which can be used to create one large wrap-around screen or be divided into separate screens. It’s 60 feet wide and 38 feet tall, and players featured on the scoreboard will appear four times larger than they actually are.

https://www.si.com/nhl/2017/10/06/devils-worlds-largest-scoreboard

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Full interview. Host: "what's with the hair? You have all these mullets and then this one is just... troubling." :laugh:

Reactions: Fenway

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the Preds are experiencing the Stanley cup hangover. Down 4-0 in the third.

Might be but IMO, Fisher retiring, Neal gone who provided some decent offense are key losses but the one I think that hurts them most is the absence of Ellis on the blueline

Reactions: Bruinaura

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No positivity for leaf team here...Please? lol

haha, I`ve never really had alot of hatred for the Leafs, maybe that will change as they become not just more competitive but potentially one of the teams to beat in the East. I like being entertained when I watch the game, I flipped the Sens/Wings tilt on for all of 5 minutes and it was painful, switched over the Leafs/Rags game, complete opposite

I think there are far too many fans here who just don`t believe/accept how good the Leafs can and likely will be this year. Their biggest issue ironically after years of futility is how will they pay on that young talent when their contract time comes up? Sounds nuts but their window to win might sooner than later until the hefty paydays are due

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
I'm glad Leafs D still sucks since their offence is dynamite. They can probably outscore themselves out of trouble on most nights, but some of the stronger defensive teams in the league might cause them trouble.
They have an 1980’s Oiler light look and feel. Good bet that there are both more than a few blowouts and really high scoring games for the Leafs this year. Hockey fans will certainly be entertained watching their games this season, especially their long suffering faithful.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Warms my heart.
Couple recaps this morning lamented about their horrid defence. Gonna be a long season for Price. Can’t be excepted to keep your team in games night after night when you spend the majority of the time in your own end, allow 40 plus shots, commit gaffs and have the D men being turned inside out on a regular basis. Should start a pool on the hockey life expectancy of their GM. Have a feeling Christmas will deliver a big ole lump of coal to Mr. Bergevin this year.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Habs playing again tonight. Only game on the schedule today. May have to tune in. :popcorn:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Habs playing again tonight. Only game on the schedule today. May have to tune in. :popcorn:

Will be an odd game, both teams having been lit up the night before although the Rags certainly made their`s more interesting before surrendering the final 3 goals

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Has anyone listened to the B's new radio guy? Haven't had a chance myself. Will miss Goucher for sure. He had a way of making even the gloomiest games exciting.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Has anyone listened to the B's new radio guy? Haven't had a chance myself. Will miss Goucher for sure. He had a way of making even the gloomiest games exciting.

Unfair to whoever has to fill his spot... He was so good. I imagine he'll he calling prime time games soon, he has such an amazing voice and passion for the game.

"Get the duck boats ready!"
"Bergeron! Bergeron!"

I rarely, if ever, listen on the radio but the highlights I watch with 98.5 commentating give me goosebumps. Very happy he's getting a chance on TV.

Reactions: TorontLoL 67

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
Unfair to whoever has to fill his spot... He was so good. I imagine he'll he calling prime time games soon, he has such an amazing voice and passion for the game.

"Get the duck boats ready!"
"Bergeron! Bergeron!"

I rarely, if ever, listen on the radio but the highlights I watch with 98.5 commentating give me goosebumps. Very happy he's getting a chance on TV.

Dafoomie's game 7 video with Goucher and Beers dubbed over Doc and Eddie is just epic. Some big shoes to fill for sure.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille