NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-acquire-goalie-calvin-pickard-vegas-golden-knights/

upload_2017-10-6_16-25-45.png

I wish this had been the Bruins, although I am not sure exactly how good this prospect is. If we needed to send Heinen I am not interested. If it were Blidh, I would do it in a minute.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Makes sense for the Leafs.

I got the sense that they weren't completely confident with McEhlhenney.

Pickard to me is an upgrade, and if he's the difference of 6-8 points for them this year, small price to pay.

I get why the Bruins didn't make a move on him. Even thought I like Pickard better than Khudobin, between Dobby's strong finish under Cassidy last year, and his performance in camp/preseason, certainly they probably felt more comfortable sticking with their own guy. Not to mention a good healthy relationship with their starter Rask.

Dobby also appears to have come into camp in better shape and stronger than last year.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
But do you know the prospect Toronto gave up? Is he a good prospect or a scrub. I like what they did where they can send him to the AHL. I don't know anything about Tobias Lindberg. Big kid, 6'2 216 on elite prospects. 22 and doesn't appear to be an elite scorer at first glance. The former fourth rounder sounds more like Blidh then Heinen from the earlier reference. do you know much about him?

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm not a James Neal fan, but that second goal of his (the game-winner) was highlight reel material. I know 'defense wins championships' but I still am slightly surprised Nashville let him go in the expansion draft.

I briefly saw Malcolm Subban when the team came on the ice at the end. I imagine he'll play against the Bruins, as Gallant may want to see if he can get an 'I'll show you' mentality in him.

The Islanders looked unprepared and unmotivated against Columbus.

So far the face-offs haven't been too unbearable. It seems as if the players grasped the concept in the pre-season. I've seen lots of centers tossed in the games I've caught, but none sent to the box. I also am noticing the goals don't seem to be going to review as much.

I know, it's early; but so far so good.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Makes sense for the Leafs.

I got the sense that they weren't completely confident with McEhlhenney.

Pickard to me is an upgrade, and if he's the difference of 6-8 points for them this year, small price to pay.
Makes sense for the Leafs, but from Vegas’ point of view it’s a bit weird. Sure, it’s a “free” asset as they picked up Subban and moved out the other goalie but Pickard should have had more value than that. And Subban is most definitely a downgrade on Pickard.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Vegas is my west coast team now, so I really look forward to listening to Goucher all season. This should be a fun year, my Bruins have wall to wall youth, Vegas is gonna be fun and Nico-mania is sweeping through my home state. Also getting Oilers, Flyers and Rangers vs Devils tickets this weekend.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Vegas is my west coast team now, so I really look forward to listening to Goucher all season. This should be a fun year, my Bruins have wall to wall youth, Vegas is gonna be fun and Nico-mania is sweeping through my home state. Also getting Oilers, Flyers and Rangers vs Devils tickets this weekend.

Nico is a great kid, as part of my season tix package, we get invites to some functions where we meet the players, shoot the breeze with coaches, GM`s and owner (Bobby Smith) and I was lucky enough to speak to Nico a couple of times, very quiet, unassuming kid, polite and having also watched the team practice a few times, he was, by a wide margin, the kid who worked hardest, often the last off the ice, first on

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Hayes just scored in his Devils debut. Forget about Seguin, is he the one that got away?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Arena scoreboard size has become the stadium version of a %$#@ measuring contest.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
I briefly saw Malcolm Subban when the team came on the ice at the end. I imagine he'll play against the Bruins, as Gallant may want to see if he can get an 'I'll show you' mentality in him.

It usually does, at least when it's against teams I'm rooting for. Just once I'd like to see someone suck against their former team so I could hear the PBP guy say 'and that's why they got rid of you'.

Reactions: Aeroforce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->