NHL Around the NHL - Pucktober has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Matthews with 7 in 4 games. Tavares now with 6 in 4. That's 13 goals, over 3 per game between those two players alone.

They can't keep up this pace.....can they?

Bruins were pretty fortunate last year to play an injured version of Auston Matthews.
I hope the score 350 goals and Marner and Matthews get 100 points and ask for $11 M each

The Leafs have a problem and an enemy

Their D and the Cap

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tyler Seguin has never looked better

Amazing what dedication, drive, and maturity can do

They should have made him live with Sweeney

Of course everything changes from management to draft position to cap considerations

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hope the score 350 goals and Marner and Matthews get 100 points and ask for $11 M each

The Leafs have a problem and an enemy

Their D and the Cap

Their D is lacking a RD who can play with Morgan Reilly, who looks like he's about to take another step. Push Ziatsev and Hainsey down, and run out their top pair of Reilly-? 25 mins a game ala Washington last year. Right now it's mediocre at best.

I don't know how they can get that guy without moving at the very least Nylander, most likely Nylander +. I see Matthews/Tavares/Marner and it's as good of a 3-man forward core as we've seen in the cap era.

Your overrating their cap problems (assuming they get Nylander done). They'll shed the Connor Brown's and Zach Hyman's of the world, no different than other top teams have done when approaching the cap. It will slowly become a more top-heavy team, but that core 3 guys (core 4 if you include Reilly) will be there for a long time.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Their D is lacking a RD who can play with Morgan Reilly, who looks like he's about to take another step. Push Ziatsev and Hainsey down, and run out their top pair of Reilly-? 25 mins a game ala Washington last year. Right now it's mediocre at best.

I don't know how they can get that guy without moving at the very least Nylander, most likely Nylander +. I see Matthews/Tavares/Marner and it's as good of a 3-man forward core as we've seen in the cap era.

Your overrating their cap problems (assuming they get Nylander done). They'll shed the Connor Brown's and Zach Hyman's of the world, no different than other top teams have done when approaching the cap. It will slowly become a more top-heavy team, but that core 3 guys (core 4 if you include Reilly) will be there for a long time.
No way in hell I’m overeating their cap problems

You wait I am 100% going to be right on this

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Zach Hyman may be Babcock's favorite player in the NHL.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No way in hell I’m overeating their cap problems

You wait I am 100% going to be right on this

Sorry I'd be shocked if any of Matthews/Tavares/Marner are moved out due to cap issues. Reilly too.

If I'm them I'm not overly concerned about the long-term futures of Nylander and Kadri. Nice pieces to have around, but if you need to move out one to allocate cap space elsewhere and keep the Core 4 guys around, that's what they'll do.

Good teams will need to lose good players to manage their cap. The question will be do they have the scouting/drafting/development to fill in the gaps in the lower parts of their line-up.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sorry I'd be shocked if any of Matthews/Tavares/Marner are moved out due to cap issues. Reilly too.

If I'm them I'm not overly concerned about the long-term futures of Nylander and Kadri. Nice pieces to have around, but if you need to move out one to allocate cap space elsewhere and keep the Core 4 guys around, that's what they'll do.

Good teams will need to lose good players to manage their cap. The question will be do they have the scouting/drafting/development to fill in the gaps in the lower parts of their line-up.
They won’t be moved out they will cut other places

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It’s phenomenal what Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin have become at age 25. It may have taken 5-7 years to get there but they are everything you want in a player. Good lesson even with our own guys going back to Blake Wheeler and those that wanted to deal Pastrnak for Trouba

I guess these GMs are under such pressure to win they can’t be patient

Those 2 are worth tuning into random games to watch

Reactions: KnightofBoston

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I would be surprised if Matthew's didn't hit 50. Tavares has shot too.

One thing to remember is none of the teams they've played so far have good defenses. So I'm interested to see if they can keep it up once they start playing the big guys.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Happy birthday, Dallas Smith.

upload_2018-10-10_8-10-18.jpeg

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Leafs are incredibly top heavy. That blueline doesn’t stand a chance in the playoffs as currently constructed
If the leafs, who have a couple of good scoring lines, are top heavy, what are the Bruins with Bergeron's line and DeBrusk seeming to be the only forwards who have any chance of scoring?

Bruins D is vastly better than Toronto's but if you shut down Bergerons line in the playoffs who is going to score?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If the leafs, who have a couple of good scoring lines, are top heavy, what are the Bruins with Bergeron's line and DeBrusk seeming to be the only forwards who have any chance of scoring?

Bruins D is vastly better than Toronto's but if you shut down Bergerons line in the playoffs who is going to score?
DeBrusk, Krejci, Donato, Heinen...?

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

I challenge you to say one positive thing about the Bruins.

jy3qy.jpg

Once

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Lots of unknowns. Bjork Donato Heinen DeBrusk Chelarik... A few of these guys could hit and change the dynamic
The wings definitely have the skill, the question is the centers. If Backes and Krejci can do alright or somehow improve on last year I think we can look pretty good, especially with a year in the NHL already for Heinen and Debrusk. If those guys take a step back we are not going to be a threat in the playoffs at all.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

No argument here.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I watched the Hockey Central Show today and all they were talking about was an offer sheet from Arizona on Matthews down the road.It should be called Leafs Talk.

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad