NHL Around the NHL - Pucktober has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
...fans over reacting when things are going well. Or not so well.

Glad that never happens on this board.

Not well, yes. However, the teenage driven obnoxious over-exuberance that has Leafs fans settling in to have a conversation over tea and crumpets on our board like above? Not so much. Wally has stated that the average age of posters on this board is 40+, and we tend to tamp down crap like that. The average age of the main board is late teens to early 20's, and even I will admit I was not one for self-restraint when I was that age. Although I still never bragged about the standings a mere 5 games into the season . . . I wasn't a complete ass.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
...fans over reacting when things are going well. Or not so well.

Glad that never happens on this board.

This is true, however, as a group, I think that Boston fans seem to be more pessimistic about the team, even if they do get off to a hot start.

If the B’s go 9-1 to start the season, fans here talk about how tough Washington and Tampa will be in the playoffs no matter how good a regular season they have.

If TOR starts the season 9-1, they plan the parade route in October/November.

Reactions: Blowfish and jgatie

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
This is true, however, as a group, I think that Boston fans seem to be more pessimistic about the team, even if they do get off to a hot start.

If the B’s go 9-1 to start the season, fans here talk about how tough Washington and Tampa will be in the playoffs no matter how good a regular season they have.

If TOR starts the season 9-1, they plan the parade route in October/November.

Yeah I don't see the majority of posters here get overly excited (I mean off the deep end excited) when the B's do well. That run they went on last year was a good example, I can't recall anyone planning a parade route in February and saying the Cup was ours back then

Reactions: Grimey and Blowfish

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yeah I don't see the majority of posters here get overly excited (I mean off the deep end excited) when the B's do well. That run they went on last year was a good example, I can't recall anyone planning a parade route in February and saying the Cup was ours back then

Maybe when you won a Cup within the last 10 years, instead of the last 53 years, people look at things differently? :laugh:

Reactions: Chief Nine

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Maybe when you won a Cup within the last 10 years, instead of the last 53 years, people look at things differently? :laugh:

We hadn't won the World Series in 82 years, and nobody was planning a parade route in March 2004. Ditto for August of 2001, and the Patriots had never won anything, ever. Losing should breed humility, at least until you win something. Not so in Tronna.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017

I remember nearly every Leaf fan ignoring that 27-3-3 stretch with 7 rookies included and claimed Boston's window is closing. De-f***ing-lusional. They've been planning the parade my whole lifetime and what do they have to show for it? Jack. Shit.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

Feels more like the opposite here. We can’t have nice things, always have to find the negative in a positive situation.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Not well, yes. However, the teenage driven obnoxious over-exuberance that has Leafs fans settling in to have a conversation over tea and crumpets on our board like above? Not so much. Wally has stated that the average age of posters on this board is 40+, and we tend to tamp down crap like that. The average age of the main board is late teens to early 20's, and even I will admit I was not one for self-restraint when I was that age. Although I still never bragged about the standings a mere 5 games into the season . . . I wasn't a complete ass.

Those damn kids these days......They better stay the hell off my lawn!

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I remember nearly every Leaf fan ignoring that 27-3-3 stretch with 7 rookies included and claimed Boston's window is closing. De-****ing-lusional. They've been planning the parade my whole lifetime and what do they have to show for it? Jack. ****.

And let's hope it stays that way

Reactions: Grimey

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Feels more like the opposite here. We can’t have nice things, always have to find the negative in a positive situation.

That is very true, there are plenty of posters ready to pee on the fire when things go well for sure!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I have said it before but living within the Leaf Nation area it is not easy. It is hard to blame them because they only see what is presented to them by the biased media. The alledged dirty elbow Marchand threw in the Ottawa game as he fell. Every sports channel said the same thing, keep an eye on Marchand as he goes down, he throws out the elbow, no call on the play.

A few years ago I went to my kids hockey tryout in August and while standing with a few parents, chit chatting the talk is about the 3 Bruin picks that failed a running test. It is summer and the headline and talk is about three 18 year olds from a rival hated team. Hockey fans are everywhere and I believe some of them may run the stations and are making sure the Bruin stuff is all negative, sure looks like it to me.

Darren Dreger all but begged for Marchand on the Hockey Panel Discussion on TSN or Sportnet to be suspended for the Eller thing. One day later Big Buff drills a guy head first from behind into the boards, no news, no comment. They actually skipped the game high lights entirely. They never fail to show Canadian teams high lights. I was curious on what they were going say. I get that Marchand does stupid things and deserves some hate but this almost seems organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->