NHL Around the NHL - Pucktober has arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Vegas has no one who can step in for Schmidt.
When did Schmidt become this superstar D-man that carried Vegas to the finals? Seems to have happened right around when he got suspended for taking PEDs. Or possibly around when he started taking them. I don’t seem to recall this massive pumping of his tires before the suspension anyways.

Not saying he’s not a good D-man, but I have a hard time seeing why Vegas would fall apart without him.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
When did Schmidt become this superstar D-man that carried Vegas to the finals? Seems to have happened right around when he got suspended for taking PEDs. Or possibly around when he started taking them. I don’t seem to recall this massive pumping of his tires before the suspension anyways.

Not saying he’s not a good D-man, but I have a hard time seeing why Vegas would fall apart without him.

He was far and away their number one D and was tasked with matching up against the other teams best and played well. There really is no one who can do that right now. He was excellent in their playoff run doing that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He was far and away their number one D and was tasked with matching up against the other teams best and played well. There really is no one who can do that right now. He was excellent in their playoff run doing that.

Yeah, I was surprised to see that over the regular season and the playoffs, Schmidt was the #1 D in TOI for the Knights by a significant margin. They are also without Luca Sbisa, who went to the Isles.

Right now, Vegas has Colin Miller as their #1. All season long he was 5 or 6 as far as TOI goes (behind Sbisa in the regular season).

I have always liked Colin Miller, but he is in no way, shape, or form, a #1 D.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Yeah, I was surprised to see that over the regular season and the playoffs, Schmidt was the #1 D in TOI for the Knights by a significant margin. They are also without Luca Sbisa, who went to the Isles.

Right now, Vegas has Colin Miller as their #1. All season long he was 5 or 6 as far as TOI goes (behind Sbisa in the regular season).

I have always liked Colin Miller, but he is in no way, shape, or form, a #1 D.

Sbisa isn’t a loss, however Holden and Merrill have been bad so it is kind of just moving the deck chairs. Miller definitely isn’t a #1 and neither is Theodore.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Fair enough. Admittedly, Western Conf playoff games is always difficult for me to watch as I'm in Europe and the games are often not even finished when I go to work in the morning. Didn't really catch that he carried that kind of load down the stretch.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
I hate that the Penguins did the Gold alternate before us....:/

DpE0_TzWwAIssTD.jpg:large

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
despite that website calling one Gold and the other Yellow, the Bruins and Penguins gold/yellow have the same RGB values. It's the same color.
haha you can see for yourself on that website.

don't blame me for the Penguins aping the Bruins whole aesthetic

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
It’s official. I can’t take the commercials on the NHL Network any more. The channel is now unwatchable unless there’s a game

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Sharks make the Flyers pay for that skunking by the Isles. Two goals on their 1st two shots 11 seconds apart

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Leafs-Stars tonight is must see hockey. The scoring line is 6.5 goals.

Gotta believe that the over is a lock on this game....Might need to make a little wager on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad