Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
31 Thoughts: Is Vegas thinking about re-visiting Erik Karlsson deal? - Sportsnet.ca

6. Beagle is an unrestricted free agent, and centres are hard to find.
He stayed three years ago, but it was tight.
Make no mistake, his teammates love the guy. After he blocked a shot and hurt his foot, he explained that he never removes his skate until the game is over.
“I learned that the hard way in 2012. I took the skate off, and couldn’t get it back on.”
That was on an Anton Stralman shot, forcing Beagle to miss Games 6 and 7 of a second-round loss to the Rangers.
“So, if there’s any doubt, I never remove it in the intermission.”

Since people are talking about Beagle.

10. The Golden Knights came close to acquiring Erik Karlsson at the deadline. After seeing how the Capitals locked down the neutral zone and point men in the final, you can see how they might revisit something like this.
Word is one of the biggest hang-ups at the end was Cody Glass, drafted sixth overall last June. Vegas didn’t want to include him.

The Knights have just one pick in the top three rounds (a second), and since they’re still creating a prospect pool, a Karlsson deal could be very tricky. It’s why they’re being linked to John Carlson, because he only costs you money.

Vegas will be very interesting watch again this off season.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Man...A wife beater who was thrown out of the country, and a player whose girlfriend is Fatal Attraction style insane. Those are quite the toppers on the big list of available talent heading into free agency.

I really can't imagine an offseason like the Senators are having..I mean we've had criminal owners leading to bankruptcy but clearly we are light weights. The combination of player management, ownership and now off-ice issues boggles.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Mike Hoffman's longtime girlfriend allegedly behind campaign of harassment against Melinda and Erik Karlsson

I wrote earlier about how far Ottawa has fallen this year with all that has happened. And then this hits today. I have no words. Please cross Hoffman off the wish list, just brutal.

Due to his choice in partners? Because of a belief that she would direct vitriol at other player WAGs in the future? I read the article, and Hoffman is not accused of any wrongdoing.

Are you implying that Hoffman played a role in the harassment, or was otherwise aware of his girlfriend's actions?

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Due to his choice in partners? Because of a belief that she would direct vitriol at other player WAGs in the future? I read the article, and Hoffman is not accused of any wrongdoing.

Are you implying that Hoffman played a role in the harassment, or was otherwise aware of his girlfriend's actions?

Those are pretty easy cases to make an allegation in and get the order of protection without proving much, at least in ny, and only for a temporary amount of time.

It’s kind of hard to believe Hoffman knew about this or that they have the right person, otherwise this is the kind of thing you would suspect Karlsson and Hoffman would have to address between themselves first?

Any chance we can use this to trade for Hoffman on a discount, hoping the Sens delude themselves into thinking they will sign Karlsson?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Those are pretty easy cases to make an allegation in and get the order of protection without proving much, at least in ny, and only for a temporary amount of time.

It’s kind of hard to believe Hoffman knew about this or that they have the right person, otherwise this is the kind of thing you would suspect Karlsson and Hoffman would have to address between themselves first?

Any chance we can use this to trade for Hoffman on a discount, hoping the Sens delude themselves into thinking they will sign Karlsson?

He's a very good player, though I don't know if we have the assets (that we'd be willing to move) to acquire him. Regardless, I certainly don't agree that we should "cross Hoffman off the list," at least until there's some evidence that he had some involvement in the alleged harassment.

Reactions: sabrebuild

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Mike Hoffman's longtime girlfriend allegedly behind campaign of harassment against Melinda and Erik Karlsson

I wrote earlier about how far Ottawa has fallen this year with all that has happened. And then this hits today. I have no words. Please cross Hoffman off the wish list, just brutal.

That is ****ed up. What is wrong with that woman?

Seems like someone made an account pretending to be Hoffman's girlfriend. In the article it talks about accounts being made and deactivated. The way technology and social media is, it's pretty easy to "catfish" as someone else.

I'd wait until there's more done in the investigation before making such a quick judgement call on a couple. You would think if this was true, there would be HUGE rifts within the Ottawa locker room or at least between Hoffman and Karlsson. The Canadian media would've jumped on it a lot sooner.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

No... but why would you take the chance of bringing that mess in to your home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad