Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Seems like someone made an account pretending to be Hoffman's girlfriend. In the article it talks about accounts being made and deactivated. The way technology and social media is, it's pretty easy to "catfish" as someone else.

I'd wait until there's more done in the investigation before making such a quick judgement call on a couple. You would think if this was true, there would be HUGE rifts within the Ottawa locker room or at least between Hoffman and Karlsson. The Canadian media would've jumped on it a lot sooner.

I'm not saying otherwise. Even assuming the worst - that Hoffman's girlfriend did what's being alleged - that shouldn't be held against Hoffman if he had no role in it.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Seems like someone made an account pretending to be Hoffman's girlfriend. In the article it talks about accounts being made and deactivated. The way technology and social media is, it's pretty easy to "catfish" as someone else.

I'd wait until there's more done in the investigation before making such a quick judgement call on a couple. You would think if this was true, there would be HUGE rifts within the Ottawa locker room or at least between Hoffman and Karlsson. The Canadian media would've jumped on it a lot sooner.

Or maybe... the girlfriend created and deactivated the accounts, did all the harrassing, and they are just piecing together the facts (leading to a court order?)....

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

To your point

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'm not saying otherwise. Even assuming the worst - that Hoffman's girlfriend did what's being alleged - that shouldn't be held against Hoffman if he had no role in it.

It absolutely should. Our lockerroom is fragile enough as it is. It's not fair to Hoffman... too bad.

Bryon Coalangelo just resigned over this...

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Quick update on the Caps parade and rally afterwards.

If you click on Blackburn’s tweet just a heads up there is swearing.

Ovie: We’re not going to be f***ing suck this year!

:laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
No...but why would you take the chance of bringing that mess in to your home?

You'd certainly have to consider whether you think she'd do it again. (If she did what's alleged, who knows if Hoffman stays with her - if he does, perhaps she learns a lesson.) But I don't believe someone else's sins should be held against him.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
It absolutely should. Our lockerroom is fragile enough as it is. It's not fair to Hoffman... too bad.

Bryon Coalangelo just resigned over this...

Colangelo and/or his wife were speaking ill of players whose careers, contracts, etc., would still be in his hands. The burner accounts were also utilizing embarrassing information that Colangelo knew and should not have been sharing publicly.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Part of the issue with the Hoffman thing is, this has been rumored for awhile, and apparently Andrew Hammond's wife tweeted something saying it's "unsurprising".

I'd have to feel pretty confident that Hoffman was clueless about it all, which is entirely possible.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I’d still take Hoffman.

Even IF true, it doesn’t mean anything to the type of player or teammate that Hoffman is.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Both Andrew Hammond's and Kyle Turris' wives have tweeted out that it is basically true and have backed up Karrlsson's wife in this situation. There is a lot more to this story then just a few random online accounts. The fact Hoffman is still with her speaks to his judgement and character. I don't want that type of drama around a locker room that already has its problems.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I highly doubt Mike Hoffman found out about this today. And she's still his girlfriend. Enough said, moving on.
Well, he's a hockey player in Canada and only made $5,600,000 last year. You'd take what you can get and hold onto it, too, if you were him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->