Around the NHL - Playoffs 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
My money's on a reflexive attempt to knock the puck out of the air. The puck is far enough off the ice, and Ritchie's arm even seems to ride up Monahan's as they collide. Also, you'd think that if it were intentional, there would've been a lot more damage done. As it was, Monahan got up pretty quickly, and his expression was more, "what the Christ is your problem?" than anything else.

Reckless, but that's what High-Sticking penalties are: recklessness. It's just getting attention because it looked pretty bad at the time.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Just noticed Scott Darling, former Coyotes goalie prospect has been doing great for Chicago.

12 games 0.941 sv pct and 1.77 gaa.

Well done to him.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I'm surprised more goalies just don't go the NCAA route. Play four years there, develop, and get a good education to fall back on. It's not like you are going to make it to the NHL before 22-23 for most anyways. I'd take playing a couple of extra years in the NCAA over toiling around in the ECHL

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Goalies need reps and they get far more in junior. They can also a take a dollar or two without getting in trouble.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Ncaa has very strict rules about athletes getting no monetary compensation, from any source for sports.

The CHL stipend isn't much, it's about how much these kids would be making if they didn't play hockey and had time for a part-time job. It shouldn't be a consideration. If the stipend money is significant to the the player's financial situation, then he's probably going to go to the NCAA anyway and get the hundred-thousand dollar education instead of the stipend.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The CHL stipend isn't much, it's about how much these kids would be making if they didn't play hockey and had time for a part-time job. It shouldn't be a consideration. If the stipend money is significant to the the player's financial situation, then he's probably going to go to the NCAA anyway and get the hundred-thousand dollar education instead of the stipend.

CHL players get free education through the Canadian university system if they don't make it to the pros.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Big Buff just may have made it more difficult for the Jets to get a playoff spot seeing he'll more than likely get suspended for this.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
CHL players get free education through the Canadian university system if they don't make it to the pros.

But they have to make the decision really quickly, that was part of the whole lawsuit thing at least. And if they go that route, their future in hockey is over.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Looking at the playoff race in the east. 1 team left can only be eliminated while 5 playoff spots are still not locked. To think that the current 4th seed team could fall short of the playoffs very late in the season.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
CBzLtteVIAATzYH.jpg

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Damn, is the WC going to be close My final point guesses: LA 99, Van 98, Cal 97, Peg 96 (Winnipeg also loses all ROW tie-break scenarios).

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Sens erase a 3-0 deficit to beat Pittsburgh tonight.

Pittsburgh's 1st rounder resides in Edmonton. If PIT misses the playoffs and wins the lottery... :scared:

avco

Feb 10, 2007
Sens erase a 3-0 deficit to beat Pittsburgh tonight.

Pittsburgh's 1st rounder resides in Edmonton. If PIT misses the playoffs and wins the lottery... :scared:

Can't wait for Saturday's epic battle between the Penguins and the Sabres :laugh:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Minnesota is in the playoffs. Looks like it will be a photo finish the rest of the way for the remaining playoff spots.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Everyone see this? It's from the Swedish league so not quite around the nhl but it's non coyotes hockey. Former nhler deveaux takes a super dirty run.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/shl/rogle/article20555932.ab

It could have been worse. It was definitely calculated, but it looked like he stopped after he got his whack and his push/takedown in. I mean, I'm not defending it -- it's completely disgusting, but it was calculated and not just him snapping. Also, the coach should be charged too. Definitely looks like he put out a hit on the guy.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
It could have been worse. It was definitely calculated, but it looked like he stopped after he got his whack and his push/takedown in. I mean, I'm not defending it -- it's completely disgusting, but it was calculated and not just him snapping. Also, the coach should be charged too. Definitely looks like he put out a hit on the guy.

Oh yeah. I don't speak their language so I couldn't unerstand when they played the audio of the coach and the player talking. Totally think the coach told him to do it.

Even though he did it, the other player didn't look very phased by the stick whack on the leg. After getting hit he lifted his leg up like he just stung by a bee. He didn't fall down in pain. Tonya Harding needs to give out some lessons.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Luckiest part of the whole thing IMO was that he didn't stay on him, or it could've been the moore bertuzzi incident all over again. Kinda surprised it didn't result in a full on brawl, or at least the offender getting his ass beat while his teammates kind of helped him. Hard to say what you'd do if you were there but I don't think I'd be able to defend that kind of crap. If anything you throw him to the other team so he can take his lumps for that kind of garbage.

Yup the coach definitely ordered it, my first thought was reg dunlop answering the phone and hearing "You can't put a bounty on man's head!". When I first saw it they said the player was cut by the team, and had criminal charges brought against him, hopefully the coach doesn't get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad