Around the NHL - Playoffs 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Though more complicated, I would prefer the AHL model as the 4 on 4 (in the beginning at least) is a bit closer to real hockey.

Your suggested point system would be better than current system, though I would prefer the following:

3 points regulation win
2 points for any gimmick win
1 point for any gimmick loss
0 points for regulation

Gimmick to be defined as anything other than 5 on 5 hockey.

I prefer
3 points for a win in regulation or sudden death OT
2 points for shoot out win
1 point in shoot out loss
o point for a regulation or sudden death OT loss

3 point totals in every game

A win for a win and a loss for a loss. No stupid point system at all. Win a game or lose a game.
I don't like the idea of making the shoot out as important as "playing the game".

Last edited:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Doubtful, considering that IIRC the coach's challenge is only valid if the team has its time out still available. There aren't unlimited challenges.

Yeah I just saw a tweet stating the over view but haven't seen the details. Makes sense tying it to your timeout.

I mean a goalie will state when they think there was interference and a spotter should see the offsides pretty quickly after a goal. Gets a tv timeout out of the way.

To call a coach’s challenge, the bench boss making in question must still have his timeout available.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...-3-ot-coachs-challenges-to-begin-next-season/

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
A win for a win and a loss for a loss. No stupid point system at all. Win a game or lose a game.
I'd be ok with this but traditionalists would lose their **** especially when the inevitable happens and some team who won more games in regulation loses out on a playoff birth to a team who won more in 3 on 3 or shootout.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd be ok with this but traditionalists would lose their **** especially when the inevitable happens and some team who won more games in regulation loses out on a playoff birth to a team who won more in 3 on 3 or shootout.

I had no problem with ties, hate the shoot out and 3v3, and could barely stomach 4v4.

:sueme:

:wally:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Then make it a 5min 5v5 before the shoot out. More real hockey to solve the problem. 3v3 is no more like a real hockey game than a shoutout is. It's absurd. I don't mind so much. To me the game is 60 mins during regular season play. Anything that happens after is tie avoidance. Might as well flip a coin.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Agreed which is why I don't understand those who hate the shootout so much.

Players can at least be good at that and have extra value to their teams. It's like a mini-game of sorts. Plus it's exciting. 3v3 seems like an all-star game level gimmick.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I honestly would prefer a coin flip to the shootout or 3v3.

I really never hated ties. "Oh, ... well, damn. At least we got a point" -- much like a "OT/SO loss" now, with the added bonus that it wasn't a gimmick awarding a semi-random point to one team and a point for losing to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad