Around the NHL - Playoffs 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
The Coyotes have literally destroyed my love and enthusiasm for hockey this year lol.

I am definitely excited for the playoffs though.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I really want LA in the playoffs.

Hang on, don't shoot!

I really want LA in the playoffs, as I don't want to see Winnipeg in and have them use the White Out.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench

Hang on, don't shoot!

I really want LA in the playoffs, as I don't want to see Winnipeg in and have them use the White Out.

Plus we don't want them to have the slightest chance to steal Mcdavid

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Could both of those teams not get in? That would be great.

Would take an epic collapse on the part of the Jets and LA. Dallas needs an epic finish since they are 8 points behind the Jets, who are in Wild Card #2. Dallas goes 8-1 and Jets go 4-4, both end up with 96 points and Dallas should get the tiebreaker unless they are all shootout wins. Dallas is the hottest team in the west currently. Stranger things have happened.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Hang on, don't shoot!

You guys couldn't come up with your own ideas , so you stole ours !! Now the Jets have to make the playoffs:naughty:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
You guys couldn't come up with your own ideas , so you stole ours !! Now the Jets have to make the playoffs:naughty:

In all fairness, almost everyone in the '90s assumed there wouldn't be another NHL team in Winnipeg, so Phoenix kept the tradition alive to respect the franchise's history.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It's time to give the whiteout back. Really it's time to give all of their stats and retired stuff back too. Not that I'm not a fan of hawerchuk or steen but they have a team again now and we need our own history.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's time to give the whiteout back. Really it's time to give all of their stats and retired stuff back too. Not that I'm not a fan of hawerchuk or steen but they have a team again now and we need our own history.

Sure, if they send a formal apology signed by all the important people in Winnipeg and the Jets organization that apologizes for the behavior of their relocationistas.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Sure, if they send a formal apology signed by all the important people in Winnipeg and the Jets organization that apologizes for the behavior of their relocationistas.

Part of why I want it all gone is we distance ourselves from that. They have the rights to use all of it now and do already anyway right? If we drop it we don't have any ties left really.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I still think it would be cool to do a "sandstorm" or habub. Everyone wears tan/light brown. They can play some Dune clips about desert power, it would be awesome.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

Part of why I want it all gone is we distance ourselves from that. They have the rights to use all of it now and do already anyway right? If we drop it we don't have any ties left really.

No, no no no no no..this is the original Jets franchise. All history and traditions stay with the team. The new Jets are the Atlanta Thrashers that assumed the identity of an entirely different franchise.

The Jets are gone..long gone..not going back to Winnipeg. They can masquerade all they want but we all know they are originally the Atlanta Thrashers. They need to get a new tradition for their new team.

Plus, the Coyotes have had more whiteouts than the Jets..soooo I really can't see it as a Winnipeg tradition anymore

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
No, no no no no no..this is the original Jets franchise. All history and traditions stay with the team. The new Jets are the Atlanta Thrashers that assumed the identity of an entirely different franchise.

The Jets are gone..long gone..not going back to Winnipeg. They can masquerade all they want but we all know they are originally the Atlanta Thrashers. They need to get a new tradition for their new team.

Plus, the Coyotes have had more whiteouts than the Jets..soooo I really can't see it as a Winnipeg tradition anymore
You have good points but I'd still prefer to distance ourselves from them because of the bolded. I'd rather have us be just the coyotes than the original jets turned coyotes.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
You have good points but I'd still prefer to distance ourselves from them because of the bolded. I'd rather have us be just the coyotes than the original jets turned coyotes.

I do like the sandstorm idea for a couple of reasons...

It would drive the hockey purest nuts and it is more Arizona than snow...

I want to see the Ducks to a camo out..Realtree everywhere..

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I do like the sandstorm idea for a couple of reasons...

It would drive the hockey purest nuts and it is more Arizona than snow...

I want to see the Ducks to a camo out..Realtree everywhere..

Camo out would be awesome. That's precisely why I think we need to scrap the whiteout IMO, it doesn't fit, but sand....we've got that in spades. Maybe a few people could dress in all green as cacti. Get a good mix in there haha.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Camo out would be awesome. That's precisely why I think we need to scrap the whiteout IMO, it doesn't fit, but sand....we've got that in spades. Maybe a few people could dress in all green as cacti. Get a good mix in there haha.

hand out bags of sand to throw sand everywhere and on the ice :) like a real haboob...what? too far?..:(

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

And I thought that you gave us the White Out when you let your team move to Phoenix. Silly me. Glad to see the support the team gets this time around. I really like some of the players.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

You mean the franchise's ideas, which is now in AZ. Your team is from ATL. Also, if I remember correctly, we did it out of respect to the history of the franchise. Respect, a word Jet fans may have to look up.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't see a problem with the whiteout or honoring former Jets players like Hawerchuk, Hull and Steen.

More disappointed that Colorado erased the retired numbers of former Nordiques players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->