Around the NHL - Playoffs 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota comes out of the West.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It's time to give the whiteout back. Really it's time to give all of their stats and retired stuff back too. Not that I'm not a fan of hawerchuk or steen but they have a team again now and we need our own history.

I agree, we did our own history.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sure, if they send a formal apology signed by all the important people in Winnipeg and the Jets organization that apologizes for the behavior of their relocationistas.

Well, that will never happen.

It came with the franchise... If the Thrashers ever had playoff success you would assume their traditions

No, no no no no no..this is the original Jets franchise. All history and traditions stay with the team. The new Jets are the Atlanta Thrashers that assumed the identity of an entirely different franchise.

The Jets are gone..long gone..not going back to Winnipeg. They can masquerade all they want but we all know they are originally the Atlanta Thrashers. They need to get a new tradition for their new team.

Plus, the Coyotes have had more whiteouts than the Jets..soooo I really can't see it as a Winnipeg tradition anymore

We should have been called the Jets.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota comes out of the West.

If I was a Minnesota fan, I'd be a bit concerned about Dubnyk's durability. He's played every single game since the trade from Arizona. I know they need to scrape up every point to get to the playoffs but... they may just get there only to be knocked out by the Blues in Round 1.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Jets fans will always be collectively known for their huge effort to steal back the Coyotes, going so far as to swamp the local paper's hockey boards. Don't know how bad it was here, but it was pretty putrid on the Arizona Republic site.

As such, they can have their white out, their retired numbers and the Jets banners which deface the GRA.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Jets fans will always be collectively known for their huge effort to steal back the Coyotes, going so far as to swamp the local paper's hockey boards. Don't know how bad it was here, but it was pretty putrid on the Arizona Republic site.

As such, they can have their white out, their retired numbers and the Jets banners which deface the GRA.

Hell no because that's what they would want..Like you said they were a bunch of ass holes during the NHL ownership era till they got their "Jets" back.

I would forever like to hold on the white out,retired numbers, and history of the franchise to remind them that we are still here. This franchise never went back to the Peg.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Hell no because that's what they would want..Like you said they were a bunch of ass holes during the NHL ownership era till they got their "Jets" back.

I would forever like to hold on the white out,retired numbers, and history of the franchise to remind them that we are still here. This franchise never went back to the Peg.
Don't they use the all that stuff already?

Mayo Taco Monday

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

I think we should sell their history rights back to them. Its worth a couple of million. 10 million sounds fair.

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona

I think the white out is lame and I don't like seeing the Jets retired numbers either. I want the Coyotes to have their own franchise traditions. We are hopefully entering a new and more successful era in Coyotes hockey. Let's create some new ones. I'd also like to see them change the uniforms as well. Keep the symbol and let's add a little black to the unis.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The White Out is never going away seeing it's one of the most recognized and cherished things in Arizona. The playoffs in Arizona wouldn't seem special at all to a lot of people without the Whiteout.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The White Out is never going away seeing it's one of the most recognized and cherished things in Arizona. The playoffs in Arizona wouldn't seem special at all to a lot of people without the Whiteout.

******* I'd rather go shirtless than wear white.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Not saying it's going to happen, but it looks like the injury to Kane could lead to the Blackhawks falling short of the playoffs given where they stand now. They play Winnipeg tonight. With a loss that would make the reality of the Blackhawks not getting in more possible despite us not wanting Winnipeg getting into the playoffs.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Not saying it's going to happen, but it looks like the injury to Kane could lead to the Blackhawks falling short of the playoffs given where they stand now. They play Winnipeg tonight. With a loss that would make the reality of the Blackhawks not getting in more possible despite us not wanting Winnipeg getting into the playoffs.

Hawks have gone 8-4-1 since Kane's injury. Even with a tough schedule to finish the season they're still only going to need 4-6 points out of their 8 remaining games to qualify.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Still want to get the highest pick possible lottery protected or not. 16th pick > 17th, 18th, 19th, etc pick.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
So much for the hope of falling flat as the Blackhawks win. Calgary looks like they'll fight until the very end. Poor San Jose.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
FluffyDentalAnaconda.gif

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Not sure what that gif is trying to show.. Looks like the puck came up and he went to play it not realizing where his opponent was.

Looks accidental and his reaction after contact makes me further think it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad