Not open for further replies.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
McDavid with 100 in 53.

Best player in the world AINEC

And Leon has 500 points just like that.

Cant believe those two guys are on the same team. You really have to wonder what the league thinks when the best players are mostly playing in southern cities and Edmonton.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I love the change of opinion on the Draisaitl contract. People lost their shit when it first was signed.

Now Leon can probably demand the maximum salary, if he hits FA.

Watch out for Germany. We'll do some damage internationally really soon. :handclap:

Reactions: DanishRanger

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
I love the change of opinion on the Draisaitl contract. People lost their shit when it first was signed.

Now Leon can probably demand the maximum salary, if he hits FA.

Watch out for Germany. We'll do some damage internationally really soon. :handclap:
And in the meantime, Czech hockey happily continues its freefall...

Soon, Germany will be beating us by the margin of 5 goals on a regular basis.:help:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If McDavid hit 150 in an 82 game season I would put it on par with Gretzky's 212 and 215 in that era.
I know it’s unprovable, and the purists will argue things like equipment and conditioning, but the thought of plopping McDavid into the 80s NHL is simply laughable. I don’t want to get too hot with my take but outside of getting mugged I can’t see him being stopped at all in that era. 3PPG seems conservative to me.

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
If McDavid hit 150 in an 82 game season I would put it on par with Gretzky's 212 and 215 in that era.

in 81-82 when gretzky had 212, the 2nd highest scorer was bossy at 147. 85-86 when he had 215, the 2nd highest scorer was mario with 141. people tend to forget just how much better he was than everyone in that era.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
It truly is a shame, specially for such a traditional hockey nation.

Money-wise I suppose it's just too expensive/ the gov don't care?
That is one part of the problem for sure.

The other part is much more disturbing. The entire system of youth development is rotten to the core. Coaches don't play kids based on their talent, but rather based on which parent gives them the fattest bribe.

Vladimír Růžička was captain of the team that won the 1998 Olympic tournament. As a head coach, he won the world championship in 2005 and 2010. So you would think that someone of his stature would have no incentive to do this shit. Yet here he is, caught on camera talking about a bribe of CZK 500K (around $ 25K) which he took from a parent in exchange for a promise that his kid would play regularly for Slavia Prague U20 team. The raw footage is here:

And this is an article in English that I found, which does a nice job of summarizing it: Police investigate bribe allegation against national hockey team coach

He was facing time in prison, but eventually got away with a fine.

And nothing has really changed since then. A lot of talking, zero action from the Czech Ice Hockey Federation.

Disgusting.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
in 81-82 when gretzky had 212, the 2nd highest scorer was bossy at 147. 85-86 when he had 215, the 2nd highest scorer was mario with 141. people tend to forget just how much better he was than everyone in that era.

And McDavid has more assists than anyone but Draisaitl has points. But also has the second most goals of anyone. Kind of similar. Also 147 is 70% of 212. Draisaitl has 79% as many points, next on any other team has 67%. Very similar.

4B4CA947-F2A3-4C83-98A5-D1A36751A4B8.jpeg

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
With the way the Jets are playing I don’t wanna hear any excuses if the oilers lose in the first round. Same with the Leafs. Idc if neither team has top tier goalies

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A lot of Coyotes fans it seems couldn’t wait to see the backside of Tocchet. One discussion I read implied that Tocchet has friends all over the league and in the media and that there’s an unwillingness to look at his actual work as a head coach critically.

Reactions: Bluenote13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad