Around the NHL: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Tyson Barrie has overtaken Adam Fox for most points in the NHL by a defenseman. I still think Fox should win Norris though. Barrie is good but he's also feeding the top TWO scorers in the league. McDavid 21 pts ahead of Draisaitl and 35 pts ahead 3rd place Marchand.

Barrie is crap defensively.

Reactions: bl02

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
anybody but the Islanders or Leafs (we need them to exceed our drought, right now they are tied 54 years)

That record is getting broken one way or another - the Sabres and Canucks are at 50, and the odds of the Leafs, Sabres and Canucks being 3 of the next 5 cup champions is near-zero.

Reactions: haveandare

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Wild was winning 3-0 after period 1, 4 straight goals by the Blues in the 2ed period 4-3 Blues. what a game

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
7-3 Blues now. 7 unanswered goals. it was 3-0 Wild after period 1. Wild blew another lead and lately it is a bad trend going into the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYSPORTS

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

wish Rangers kept Graves. they could have gave him a chance but didn't. the organization thinks both Hajek Howden and Blackwell are NHL players. I've been saying this all along Rangers need to improve their pro level of scouting.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
But VGK isn't a typical expansion team that was last in the league. They're one of the best teams in the NHL, that's bullshit.

I don't think the rule has anything to do with the success of the team. It's about giving them stability. Punishing success probably isn't a great idea after it's probably written into a contract about the terms of joining the NHL with a new team.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
wish Rangers kept Graves. they could have gave him a chance but didn't. the organization thinks both Hajek Howden and Blackwell are NHL players. I've been saying this all along Rangers need to improve their pro level of scouting.
Blackwell probably is an NHL player, he just needs the opposite situation of what we have here - a team with deep talented centers and light on wing talent.

Reactions: leetch99

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Blackwell probably is an NHL player, he just needs the opposite situation of what we have here - a team with deep talented centers and light on wing talent.

if Blackwell was an NHL player, Predators would have kept him. he is an AHL player forced on to a team that misused their depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad