Around the NHL (Part XLIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaxse

Aug 23, 2011
Montreal
No way.

He's WAY too valuable to the Capitals financially to be traded. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter how bad or good his on-ice performance is. People will pay just for the name.

Ha. You are right. I was thinking of the sensible thing to do. Which doesn't apply to McPhee.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, am I the only one that hates this rule about not being able to push the puck with a hand on a faceoff? Lots of players getting penalized fir it, doesn't sit well with me.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
BTW, am I the only one that hates this rule about not being able to push the puck with a hand on a faceoff? Lots of players getting penalized fir it, doesn't sit well with me.

Apparently they added it because Jaret Stoll was doing it on almost every single face off last year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Seems like all of the teams that were good last year and sucked this year have found their stride. Will the Rangers? I'm not holding my breath. I'm depressed about the Kings winning 5 in a row.

Kershaw

Seems like all of the teams that were good last year and sucked this year have found their stride. Will the Rangers? I'm not holding my breath. I'm depressed about the Kings winning 5 in a row.

Kings are the best team in the league. They were terribly unlucky to start the season statistically speaking and it should be obvious to anyone looking to their stats that they were inevitably due to burst up the standings. Doesn't look as good for NYR.

Punxrocknyc19*

Hat trick for Palmieri.

too bad its not the one on the CT Whale.. they should call up Nick Palmieri... he did have some success on the devils and is still young at the age of 24.

SupersonicMonkey*

Isn't that the Palmieri that was holding Kreider back at the WJC?

:sarcasm:

No one said he held anyone back.

He wasn't using his line mates. Which is a common issue among young players, particularly young players on a big stage. Trying to prove themselves to the world, doing too much individually.

Also, he's playing with at least one of the top offensive players in the game right now, is he not? I highly doubt this production is being done in a bottom line role with stone hands players.

*Bob Richards*

I'm not dissing Jim Brown. But Gretzky is the greatest player to ever play the game of hockey (Bobby Orr?). It's Wayne Gretzky for Christ's sake... I'd like to see Jim Brown lace up the skates. Amazing how the hardest sport to play gets no respect from anyone.

I'd like to see Gretzky strap on a Football helmet. I don't see how Jim Brown's lack of hockey skill has any relevance.

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
I'd like to see Gretzky strap on a Football helmet. I don't see how Jim Brown's lack of hockey skill has any relevance.

My point is that playing a sport on ice with skates is much harder than running on foot. Moving on foot is innate, something we don't need to learn or be taught (with the exception of being a baby). I'm not dissing Brown, again. I'm simply saying that playing hockey requires much more skill than any sport that is played on foot. Call it biased if you'd like.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Ovie is getting traded in the summer.

Doubt it. A superstar with a huge ego that appears to be on the decline and carries the highest cap hit in the NHL? Nobody will take that unless they're dumping a bad contract in the process or the Caps agree to eat some of the contract. Too big of a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad