Around the NHL (Part XLIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

My point is that playing a sport on ice with skates is much harder than running on foot. Moving on foot is innate, something we don't need to learn or be taught (with the exception of being a baby). I'm not dissing Brown, again. I'm simply saying that playing hockey requires much more skill than any sport that is played on foot. Call it biased if you'd like.

Fair point, I'm just saying that losing to arguably the greatest football player of all time isn't the worst thing in the world.

This is also the United States.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Fair point, I'm just saying that losing to arguably the greatest football player of all time isn't the worst thing in the world.

This is also the United States.

I'm with you, if ya gonna lose out, Jim Brown is not small potatoes ;)

By the way, I don't know why this is just hitting me now, been going on for years, but every comment from every hockey analyst regarding the NYR's and their fans expectations this year all have to include "....but Ranger fans you have to make the playoffs before you can win the Cup..."

Really? Oh thats how that works:shakehead

It's like WE were the only ones putting high expectations on this team. And of course that was only a minority of the fans, but the rest are lumped into the generalization.

Also kinda funny seeing that an 8th seed won the Cup last year.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Doubt it. A superstar with a huge ego that appears to be on the decline and carries the highest cap hit in the NHL? Nobody will take that unless they're dumping a bad contract in the process or the Caps agree to eat some of the contract. Too big of a risk.

Canadiens say Hi ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if he moved to Montreal

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
Any way Rangers put in a claim for Flyers Sestito?

Any thoughts? Would provide reliable toughness, especially in light of fact that Asham always seems to be injured.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Doubt it. A superstar with a huge ego that appears to be on the decline and carries the highest cap hit in the NHL? Nobody will take that unless they're dumping a bad contract in the process or the Caps agree to eat some of the contract. Too big of a risk.

At this point, I'd consider trading Brad Richards for Ovechkin straight up - how much worse could he possibly be?

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Isn't that the Palmieri that was holding Kreider back at the WJC?

:sarcasm:

Mike Rupp scored a hat trick, too.

Don't see how a hat trick negates the fact he literally never passed the puck during world juniors.

And I don't mean literally as in fake literally I mean literally as in he legitimately actually never passed the puck in that tourney, go to the tape. :laugh::sarcasm:

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY

Do the isles get his cap hit when he fails to report? :sarcasm:

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I hope DP gets bought out, and then he signs on with the Rangers as a back-up. I legitimately like him.

Umm...no.

If the media and fans in Long Island have shown this much hatred, causing depression, then I hope for everyone's sake that he doesn't sign here.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
He feels the pressure of his contract. I said after he is bought out.

Yeah, but he's flat out bad. MSG chants "Henrik!" whenever Biron is having a bad game. DP wouldn't exactly be welcomed with open arms and with love.

It really does seem that you would like every single player on the Rangers. :laugh:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, but he's flat out bad. MSG chants "Henrik!" whenever Biron is having a bad game. DP wouldn't exactly be welcomed with open arms and with love.

It really does seem that you would like every single player on the Rangers. :laugh:

Because I like Dipietro? I have always liked Dipietro. As a back-up? I am not seeing the correlation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad