Around the NHL (Part XLIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Because I like Dipietro? I have always liked Dipietro. As a back-up? I am not seeing the correlation.

Just jesting. :laugh:

I feel bad DP. Who wouldn't sign that contract the Piles gave him? And it's not his fault he's injured all of the time, and therefore can never get into a groove of any kind.

And that reminds me, wouldn't we need 2 backups? One to play anytime Hank isn't playing and DP is injured?

But DP being Hank's backup would be kind of hilarious. Remember how DP was going to be so much better than him?

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Oh God

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#Isles Just spoke with Rick DiPietro, who assured me he was totally kidding. Although he knows that's not something to joke about anymore

https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/status/307222692908634113

I'm not so sure about that. Either way, it's nothing to joke about. But it's clear he's not mentally stable at this point.

But Islanders fans who have booed him and trashed him because of his injuries are classless idiots, period.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Wtf.

That's all I can say.

He made a comment that he shouldn't have made. I wouldn't try to crucify him for it. He probably blurted something out without thinking about it too much. We all do it, just not always to the press.

I really hope that something dumb and utterly meaningless like this doesn't turn into some media talking point for the next 2-3 days.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
He made a comment that he shouldn't have made. I wouldn't try to crucify him for it. He probably blurted something out without thinking about it too much. We all do it, just not always to the press.

I really hope that something dumb and utterly meaningless like this doesn't turn into some media talking point for the next 2-3 days.

It probably won't, but only because he's an Islander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad