Around the NHL (Part XLIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

When I think of "great" teams, I have the 'Hawks in my head as they don't know how to play a game without earning at least a point from it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone else hate what the Avs jersey has become? I was never the biggest fan of their old one, though a lot of that has to do with me hating the Avs. However, they were some of the best jerseys in the league. They are also very nostalgic. They remind me of the old Wings-Avs rivalry. The classy Wings kept their classy jerseys. The Avs now have this atrocity.

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY
BDatLo5CEAApjKp.png:large

Just picked this Gem up from the Av's board. :biglaugh:

Dorado*

Hawks are the perfect example of a team that sucked for years and used there lottery picks for studs .
NYR are perfect example of team that sucked for years ( 7 years no PO ) and have basically nothing to show for it

Dorado*

Traded away first founders . Never picked in top 3 . Wasters picks on Montoya , Jessiman . Blackburn freak accident . Cheri freak death .
Staal good pick . MDZ great pick at. 20 . CK jury is out . MCI jury is out .

Dorado*

Lundmark / Brendl Sadly sucked . Hawks so bad for years didnt even have a TV contract but now end up with Kane , Toews , Keith , Seabrooke as core .

*Bob Richards*

Traded away first founders . Never picked in top 3 . Wasters picks on Montoya , Jessiman . Blackburn freak accident . Cheri freak death .
Staal good pick . MDZ great pick at. 20 . CK jury is out . MCI jury is out .

I think you're really underselling how good we have drafted in the last 9 years despite never having very high picks.

Dorado*

We did well for position we drafted .
The real low ones that sucked Montoya / Jessiman / lundmark hurt .
Staal at 6 was great pic .CK , and MDZ as late 1 st good .
McI starting to hear good things at 10 but we all know that debate . Never winning lottery hurt

Dorado*

Missing playoffs 7 years in a row and not having a real franchise player stings is all I'm saying . Staal is great but far from a " franchise " player .
Trading Korpikoski sucks too as he could be th real missing link on this team right now

*Bob Richards*

Missing playoffs 7 years in a row and not having a real franchise player stings is all I'm saying . Staal is great but far from a " franchise " player .
Trading Korpikoski sucks too as he could be th real missing link on this team right now

What do you call Henrik Lundqvist?

Dorado*

Very good lucky pick . I'm specifically talking about 1st rounders

Dorado*

And by franchise player I mean an offensive force . You are right Hank I guess is a franchise player but you can't win a game 0-0 to quote Raymond Borque

*Bob Richards*

Yeah but, if we are talking franchise players, what does it matter if they were picked in the first round or not? We've picked very well from the 2nd rounds and higher in the past.

Dorado*

Have the NYR ever had a home grown 100 PT player ? All the current NYR homegrown guys are good players but not in the stratosphere of
Toews
Kane
Crosby
Malkin
Tavares etc . NYR have a good core of talent but besides Hank none Of them scream out Hall of famer .

Clowes Line

Cally's Chicken Parm
Aug 11, 2010
New Yawk
www.outsidethegarden.com
Have the NYR ever had a home grown 100 PT player ? All the current NYR homegrown guys are good players but not in the stratosphere of
Toews
Kane
Crosby
Malkin
Tavares
etc . NYR have a good core of talent but besides Hank none Of them scream out Hall of famer .

Because we've never sucked hard enough to have it hand delivered, signed and sealed for?

Panfork

Pacioretty Hater
Feb 1, 2010
NY
Toews
Kane
Crosby
Malkin
Tavares etc . NYR have a good core of talent but besides Hank none Of them scream out Hall of famer .

There are a lot of other teams in the NHL that don't have a 100 point player. They're not exactly a common commodity.

Dorado*

I know that's the problem all those horrible years ( while I had season tickets too ) that we sucked not getting a top 1-2-3 lottery pick hurts

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
And of course the Devils suck for 1 year in the last 20 and win the lottery. Un-****ing-real. Hate that franchise!

*Bob Richards*

Toews
Kane
Crosby
Malkin

We have never been terrible enough to acquire such a high pick. Also, 100 pt players don't grow on trees as evident by the fact that only 2 of the 5 players you listed ever reached that mark.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Wow, am I listening to TSN? The color guy just said "Montreal has been notorious for starting fast this year, Carolina is notorious for starting slow, so let's hope this trend continues". :amazed::shakehead I know it's a Canadian station, but wow, it's supposed to national not Montreal's home station. Even most home broadcasts wouldn't say that. UNREAL.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Hank-7th round
Cally- 4th round
Staal- 12th overall
Hagelin-6th round
Girardi-undrafted free agent
Stepan-2nd round
DZ-20th overall
McD drafted 12th OV by Habs, never played in their system.
Dubi and Arty were traded for Nash-each was drafted in the 2nd round.
JT Miller and CK- jury is still out on them, but they look good as the 15th and 19th overall picks, respectively.
McL-10th overall-jury still out, but from reports, he seems to really have progressed this year, playing very well against guys his own size in the A.

Conclusion: for not having sucked enough to draft in the top 5, we have really done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad